Actors and Directors "blown away" by reality of SEALs in cast of "Act of Valor"!

Started by Teresa, February 22, 2012, 09:48:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Does anyone else feel that the true quality of our service men would be surprising only to Hollywood and those who get their reality from Hollywood?? No doubt they would be in awe of the professionalism and capabilities of a SEAL team...all with no drama involved....

But what struck me more and gave me insight to the types of people the Hollywood types are was this:

I didn't see any diva behavior. It was new for me to work with guys that even if they were waiting around for eight hours and didn't have a trailer, they were content.

Diva behavior?...and no one whining because they had to wait out in the open..even though it was 8 hours?  That describes a slick sleeve in basic ...where they are just learning self discipline and self control....let alone members of one of the most advanced special forces groups in the world.

They have no concept of what troops in the field endure to ensure their freedom.

What measuring stick must they be used to using in gauge their peers?  Hopefully they will see things in a different spectrum now...it seems like this group might.
Personally,  I can't wait for this to hit the movie screen.. I will be seeing it more than once!

'Act of Valor' star Roselyn Sanchez preferred working with Navy SEALs to Hollywood actors

"What surprised me was how unaffected and cool they were," Sanchez told FOX411's Pop Tarts column of the SEALs. "Here they were doing a Hollywood movie and it wasn't a big deal, they went along for the ride, they did their thing and they were incredible. I didn't see any diva behavior. It was new for me to work with guys that even if they were waiting around for eight hours and didn't have a trailer, they were content. It was refreshing."

"As were led inside the community, we connected with this brotherhood of men that totally blew us away. We thought this was something that only existed in mythology," McCoy explained. "But when we really connected with these men, and learned about the real acts of valor that have happened on the battlefield over the last ten years, they were more mind-blowing than anything a Hollywood screenwriter could write... And all the operational planning was done by the SEALs, every op you see go done in the movie, it was written by the SEALs so it is 100 percent legit."

"The caliber of these guys was just so unbelievably amazing," McCoy added. "They were some of the most competent, intellectual, dynamic men you have ever met in your lives," he said. "Given the weight of the subject matter and paying respect to their communities, the only way to do it was with the real guys."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/02/17/act-valor-star-rosalyn-sanchez-preferred-working-with-navy-seals-to-hollywood/?intcmp=features

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk