Thank you, patyrne

Started by Wilma, May 05, 2009, 08:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I want to say something here, but it isn't about the deceased.

I think that patyrn is doing a terrific job of keeping us informed of the deaths in our community.  Without their posts I wouldn't even hear about most of them.

Thank you, patyrn.

patyrn

You're welcome.................

It seems harder to get the news out in the community in a timely matter anymore.  This forum is a great tool to allow death notifications information to be posted so those who want to attend services, send a memorial contribution, communicate with the family, etc.  can do so at an appropriate time.  When we have to wait to be notified by the weekly newspaper or by going to church on Sunday, sometimes that is too late to be meaningful "for the moment".  There are also people who have moved away and no longer have family in the Elk County area who really appreciate being able to learn of losses of former friends and acquaintances so they can extend sympathy to the families.  I've been in that situation, and am happy that I can now help keep those community ties and information links strong. 

Teresa

Karen, you are a blessing to me on here.
I don't think .......no.. I KNOW, I wouldn't be able to have that section if it wasn't for you . Ta Ta (Janet ) took care of it at the first. but then when her working hours became crazy, she had to step down.
Thank you very very much for all the time and effort you put into making it easy to read and keeping the information updated in a prompt manner.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

FYI and so I can brag a little bit, I am the one that told Janet that I would like to see an obituary thread.  I am just glad that it was started and that it is being taken such good care of.

Joanna

I'll add my thanks too!  Even though the funeral home does a great job of posting the notices at local businesses, I often don't see them till services are over.  I appreciate the extra effort you take to put them on the Forum and I'm sure those outside the area do as well.  Thanks patyrn!

heather_tyler_2014

- Living by the funeral home, I am always suspicous of "who died" lol.  ???

:o  So a big THANK YOU   ;D  :)
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Wilma

I can't believe I put an e on the end of patryn.  All of you who have been copying me, please stop.  Anybody want to trade keyboards?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk