Elk County Connection

Started by dnalexander, May 05, 2009, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

As someone with a real family member on here my guess is that sometimes they want to "thunk"me on the head. I am sure some of the "forum family" members feel feel that other "forum family" need a "thunk" on the head. When I posted this I was thinking of what was really important to me.

David

Diane Amberg

Larry,what if I tell you my family's names are none of your business and what do you need the information for? ;D ;D ;D My great grandfather was col. Jacob Amberg, grandpa and grandma were Fred and Dessie Amberg, my father was Lyle Amberg and his brother was Teddy Amberg.

larryJ

Ahhhhh Diane,  number 1:  you are too nice of a person to say that.  :-*
                      number 2:  not putting the names in would defeat the purpose of the post.  :D
                      number 3:  unfortunately, I am not related to you that I know of and that is a shame.  :(
                      number 4:  but I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't put in the names.  ;D

Larryj  :P
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Joanna

Your roots all run so deep!  I grew up in Eureka and my connection to Elk County is by marriage; and of course I live here now.  My husband’s grandparents J.B. & Ida Hunter moved to Elk County from the Atchison area in 1930 so, of course, aren’t “natives.”  I think you had to have family here in the 1800’s for that.  ;)  Their children were Wilbur, Loys, Jack, Bernice, Wanda & Jim. Jack and his family lived here for a while, and Wanda married Ralph Logsdon in Grenola and cousin Peggy Wolfe lives there still.  Jim was my father-in-law and he and Marian (Hart from Latham) had 4 kids Scott, Alan, Janette and Martin.  Marty and I married in 1982 and lived here after college for a few months, then again about 15 years ago for a year; we and our youngest son (21 now) returned permanently about 2 ½ years ago.  Scott and family live here on the farm, our niece Trina Cooley in Moline, and Alan and wife Joyce live east of Severy.  Janette and her husband live in Garden City.  I don’t believe we are related to anyone else in Elk County, though I am thankful for all my friends here.    ~ Joanna ~

Diane Amberg

Larry, my great grand pa was married 5 times! We might yet be related!  ;D ;D ;D

patyrn

I've got DEEP roots in Elk County.  My mother (Ruth Hawkins Hebb) had Garrett and Hawkins grandparents settling in Elk County before the 1890s.  My dad (Cecil Hebb) had Wells and Hebb grandparents settling here from the 1870s to the 1890s.  A huge number of my ancestors are buried in Elk County cemeteries, and most of these folks never moved from Elk County at any time during their lives.  Both of my parents and all six of their children graduated from Howard/West Elk High School. My dad was a longtime businessman on Howard's Main Street with the Smith & Goodwin Store, which later downsized into Hebb's Family Store. 

sixdogsmom

Quote from: dnalexander on May 06, 2009, 09:03:12 PM
As someone with a real family member on here my guess is that sometimes they want to "thunk"me on the head. I am sure some of the "forum family" members feel feel that other "forum family" need a "thunk" on the head. When I posted this I was thinking of what was really important to me.

David

David,[colorYou make me think of my gmother, she used to thunk us on the head with her thimble when we were out of order. One time I complained that it hurt, and she said that she intended for it to hurt. Else Why would she do it?  :D
Edie

frawin

David

David, I just saw this post this morning. You know better than that, the forum is for anyone to say whatever they want and you are more than capable of expressing your feelings.There are some days I wish you would take your Mother's picture off and other days I like to look at it. I have one of her here in my office that I look at some and it really brings back memories. Post away.

dnalexander

Quote from: frawin on May 07, 2009, 09:15:03 AM

David

David, I just saw this post this morning. You know better than that, the forum is for anyone to say whatever they want and you are more than capable of expressing your feelings.There are some days I wish you would take your Mother's picture off and other days I like to look at it. I have one of her here in my office that I look at some and it really brings back memories. Post away.

Some days I think about taking her picture off . Mostly I like to look at it. It reminds me of better days.

David

p.s. Uncle Frank I don't have any pictures of myself. Maybe I will go down and get a copy of my baby picture. The one when I was about 5 years old. Dennis, Danny and I all in our blue shirts with our black dickies on. I think it is in my copy of the Winn Family Tree mom made. I was a cute little dimpled kid. I will change the picture after Mother's day.

larryJ

Hey, Dianne, that is really great!!!!  ;D  That means there is hope yet.  However, on this forum we are all "cousins" so to speak.  In my earlier post, I mentioned that Amos Andrews came to Elk County in the late 1800's.  In checking the family history, he came to Elk County in 1877.  He was a carpenter and passed that on to two of his sons.  I have somewhere a letter written about the Andrews family that details some of the places built by my grandfather and his brother.  I will find and post.  Amos died in 1915 and is buried in Grace Lawn next to his wife, Emma Rudy.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk