Hummingbirds

Started by Jane, April 26, 2009, 03:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jane

With all the bad storms around last night and heavy wind and rains. Even this morning before another heavy rain we had a Ruby Red throated Hummingbird show up. Time for the feeders if it would quit raining.
Jane

Catwoman

They're late this year... :'(

Jo McDonald

They no doubt know something that we do not.  You know ~~~~~` God gave  all of his creatures knowledge  -- but  obliviously,
they pay attention, while we do not.  As posted on another thread -- I had my first "pretty boy" this morning.
Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

We were going to be out of town for the weekend, so "just in case", filled a hummingbird feeder.  When we returned this evening, we spotted a hummingbird feeding.  Happy Spring!!!!

Catwoman

I finally have seen the first little Ruby Throat!!  They are so late this year!

Diane Amberg

Mine still have not shown up. :'(

Catwoman

I've never seen them be this late before.  The seasons seem to be shifting anymore...Everything seems to be about a month off of what I remember it being as a girl.  This little male was so teeny...I went out and made sure that my hummingbird food was fresh so that maybe he'd stick around for awhile.  :laugh:

Tobina+1

I finally got my feeders put up this weekend... and I think they are going to be well-fed birds!  I'm sitting in front of the porch door and I don't know how many are out there (I only see 1 at a time), but they keep feeding and feeding and feeding!

Jane

Our Hummingbirds have finally showed up. I have bought a couple of flowering plants in red that they like and I have put my feeders our. So they have arrived.
Jane

Judy Harder

Here at the Longton Housing I have two feeders up and the hummers are really
showing up.

We had one get into the rec room a few days ago.......I had been out sweeping off my messy
patio and one of the tenants said there was a hummer in there.

I took my broom and wound up sweeping the upper part of the room, trying to herd the little fellow out
the open door.

She ( yes, she) stayed near the light fixtures and would stop for breath and then waited (it seemed) for me
to catch up with her.

She saw the open door and ducked her head and flew to the closest tree and that was that.

I am sure I have more hummers this year than last and I don't mind that at all.

It seems that when the red flowers are blooming, doesn't matter if tulips or petunias or what......they come when
the red has shown up............with the rain and colder air they were about  a couple of weeks late.......but
HERE THEY ARE!!!!
Enjoy and they will come back again next year.

Love the birds. and bees and flowers and all of things that tell that spring and summer has arrived.
YIPPEE!

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk