Waaaay out in left field..

Started by Varmit, May 02, 2009, 08:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

I saw a thing quite some time ago that showed that 4 of our presidents descended from an English king.  I don't remember which king, but Washington and Madison were descendants of one of the king's children and two other presidents were descendants of the other child.  And of course there was John Adams and John Q. Adams, who incidentally were descendants of John and Priscilla Alden.  Now I would have to go dig to come up with any others. 

sixdogsmom

Interesting, and no, I don't think it is some wild conspiracy that passes the presidency to just 'chosen' people. Some of the theorys are quite clever and entertaining though.
Edie

Catwoman

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 02, 2009, 09:53:05 AM
Yes we all come from adam and eve.  But how many can trace back in less than 10 generations and highlight a world leader?

I can.  I can also assure you that it didn't make one nickel's worth of difference in my earning capacity.

Varmit

Okay, now add to that the fact that they were all members of the Skull and Bones (club? organization?).  And that Clinton, Bush, and obama were all member of the Council of Foregin Relations...
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

I can do it in less than 10 generations, but not through direct descendancy.  Only a half cousin thing, that happened in the early 1700's, but the leader was the most powerful leader of the world in his time.  Something I am proud of but wouldn't mean a thing to the leader involved.  And it doesn't make me one whit more important than I am already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk