This Week's 'Alpha Jackass' Award

Started by Warph, May 02, 2009, 07:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Me?  Thank Billy?  Well, if you say so.  Thanks, Billy.

Teresa

I'll thank you Billy..............
You and everyone else who gave up part of their life to go over there and fight for my freedom to say and be anything I want to be in this country.

You have my THANKS... and you are in my prayers every night for what you have done over there......and what you are still fighting for over here!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I feel the same way. I truly hope you weren't treated like our Viet Nam vets were. This country can't be proud of that!

Varmit

Diane, I am extremely proud of our Vietnam veterans.  What I am not proud of are the hippie types that lead the anti-war movement and treat ALL of our vets like crap.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

When  I came home in the late sixties from SE Asia, I  went  to work at a music store in Hollywood.  There were demonstrations and rallies and flag burnings every weekend in the streets all around the Hollywood area.  There was even a older gentlemen walking around in a psuedo military uniform with little airplanes on his epaulets.  He called himself-----General Wastemoreland!  There was another one just like him but I don't remember his name.  After a while, I began to wonder who the real enemy was.  For those coming home to be called baby killers, etc. was totally unamerican and shameful.  I got over my anger and decided it was only a small but highly vocal bunch of idiots who were lucky enough not to be drafted.  I saw on the news one time a plane load of soldiers coming home and while they were deplaning, there was a mob hurling insults at them and when they were close enough to even spit at them.  In the midst of all this, flag draped coffins were being off-loaded from the plane.  These people in my mind were not americans, not real americans. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

That was my point exactly. I love my country, but it has had it's disgraceful moments.

flo

... and they called that Freedom of Speech.  I call it "anti-american" and think they should have re-loaded that plane with the protesters and taken them right to the spot where those soldiers had just came from.  And all those that fled to Canada should not have been allowed to keep their american citizenship nor been allowed to come back across the border.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Jo McDonald

Like ex-President Bill Clinton???????

Maybe we could send Hill and Barack Hussain with him.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk