Republicans and Marxists

Started by redcliffsw, April 23, 2009, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Except for local help, don't expect anything for 4 days. Then be ready to be self sufficient for for 2 weeks, even longer is better. Houston did a great Job last summer.

Varmit

Larry, the only people I will depend on to keep my family alive is me and my family.  All (well, those who are old enough) of us know how to shoot, hunt, fish, and I'm teaching my wife and kids how to trap and scavenge and identify wild edible plants.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

WOW!!! you are on fire today, Billy.  I can hardly keep up with all your posts.  That is a good thing.

It is also a good thing that you are teaching your family how to survive "in the wild" so to speak.  My hat is off to you and anyone else that is prepared to live with what you have or can get from nature.  When I was growing up, I lived in many different places that were small like Howard.  I actually lived in one place that was a lumber camp on top of a mountain in Wyoming where deer and antelope and an occasional bear roamed freely.  You could literally catch your daily limit of fresh trout within a half of a mile of the house.  So I am aware of living off the land.  Unfortunately, I now live where the rivers (they are called washes) run in a concrete channel when there is water.  If there was a fish in there still alive I wouldn't want to eat it.  Firing a weapon is frowned upon especially on New Year's Eve.  And, the only edible plants to eat are those planted in a small garden next to my house.

So, yeah, it is great to be prepared and even better to live in an area where being prepared to live off the land is plausible.  But, living in an urban area the size that I live in, it is back to storing water and canned goods and hoping that will be sufficient until someone can help.

Larryj 
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

Larry, you'd be surprised at the plethora (i love that word) of resources you have in an urban area.  You should find the books "Rough living grubby times" and "everyones outdoor survival guide".  they give much more detail.  They are written by Don Paul, an ex Green Beret.  You can probably find them on Amazon.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

Nothing in my budget about buying books!  However, we have a "plethora" of libraries around here with many branches so I will check on those titles you mentioned.  Thanks.  Hey, remember the bandito chief in the movie "Three Amigos"-------He liked the word Plethora also.  My kids loved that movie so I got to watch it over and over. 

I think there are books on Suburban Survival also.  But, in the event there is a disaster of huge consequence, (wow! I can spell consequence) I am confident that we will survive on what we have.  We have tried to look at a situation like that as comparable to an extended camping vacation.  We used to be great campers until we got older and decided motels with hot tubs and pools and free breakfast were better than tents and sleeping bags. 

I will look for the books and thanks again.                               Larryj

HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Euell Gibbons would be proud.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk