The real facts.

Started by dnalexander, May 01, 2009, 03:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Ok, no need to respond just consider what I am saying. It seems to me that the political section has deteriorated to  just plain bickering and one line statements of facts. I know we can have better discussions. In the future if I participate in this, as I have done in the past, I hope someone brings it to my attention.  A few rounds are ok and normal ,but we seem to be in a vortex. Time to take a break for me. Carry on, not that you need my permission. See some of you in the Poetry section and the Coffee shop. >:( :(

David

Diane Amberg

:'( :'( David, I'm sorry. I feel terrible for contributing to your disappointment. :'( :'(

Wilma

But, he is right.  There aren't any real answers being presented.  Would you believe that I typed in isn't instead of aren't.

Catwoman

Quote from: dnalexander on May 01, 2009, 03:54:12 PM
Ok, no need to respond just consider what I am saying. It seems to me that the political section has deteriorated to  just plain bickering and one line statements of facts. I know we can have better discussions. In the future if I participate in this, as I have done in the past, I hope someone brings it to my attention.  A few rounds are ok and normal ,but we seem to be in a vortex. Time to take a break for me. Carry on, not that you need my permission. See some of you in the Poetry section and the Coffee shop. >:( :(

David

Your uncle and I were discussing this very thing earlier...Move over...I'll bring the coffee, you write the poetry! lol

Teresa

This Political section has never had such excitement in it since we opened it up
Bickering?  Well hell yes...
politics and the way our Country and  government is going isn't all poetry and sipping lattes..

Sorry to totally disagree with you but I think everyone has been learning quite a bit. And I think that the conversations have been informative respectful and interesting.

All sections of the forum are used by the people who enjoy that particular section.. so  if you enjoy poems.. then by all means.. that is where you will be the happiest..

As for me.. I didn't know we had this much passion in Elk County..
I'm proud of all of you who have put their opinions in this section...It sometimes gets a bit "driven".. but without it.. what do you have? A boring site. :-\

*** Just a tidbit of information.. our unique visits have almost doubled this past month.. and guess where the most of the # comes from?

Yep... the politics thread.. Just because only a basket full of people are talking..a whoooole lot of people are reading..  ;D
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

dnalexander

Teresa you just proved my point. Thanks.

David

Teresa

I know I'm blond...............but.......what? ???
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

I am not blond ( for quite some many years ago)  But David  ???  What Point?   Enlighten us!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

The point that what a few are posting is seen by many, many more...and conclusions are drawn, for better or worse.  As some were fond of saying in earlier posts, that's the point where you put on your big boy underwear and have to live with what you've put out there.  Been there...Done that...Barely survived it and don't recommend it for long-term survivability.

larryJ

I will let David make his point in his way, but I see where he is going with this.  Some of the conversations or subjects of interest do draw one line comments, some cynical and others sarcastic.  AND, a lot of the time the original subject or I should say object of discussion deteriorates into something else.  I think (my opinion) that if somebody has an informed thought on the subject in question, then by all means, enter it into the forum and explain in detail why you feel that way.  OR, put in a website that covers the topic thereby allowing everyone to form their own opinion.

I have to say that when I found and joined this forum I was truly amazed at some the things that were being discussed.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  There are subjects discussed here that are not discussed in SoCal usually, and should be. For instance, other than the county sheriff holding a gun buy-back plan on Mother's Day, I never hear or read anything about the second amendment which is discussed a lot on this forum.

So, David, hang in there.  Just look at the parts you want to see and ignore those you don't.  Myself, I get a little daily enlightenment from the religion part and check out the coffee shop, hope nobody I know passed away, remember the good old days, and then dive right into the Politics where I get intelligent information from people like you, and Warph, and Billy, and Dianne, and Wilma, I could go on and on, but you see where I am going with this.  I even read the Poetry section on occasion.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk