Derby Time

Started by Wilma, May 01, 2009, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

Louisville, Kentucky is a magical place to be during "Derby Week".  We lived there for a few years, and even though we never went to the actual Kentucky Derby race, there are related activities and festivities going on all week throughout the entire community that make it such a fun place.  Of course, going to Churchill Downs at any time of the year is a nostalgic and exciting adventure.  We look forward to watching the race on TV each year.

Diane Amberg

Dealing with those rude boys is how they got their grey hair in the first place. ;D ;D ;D     Patyrn, I'm jealous, I wanna go someday.

Wilma

SDM, are you ready?  I think I will select Chocolate Candy as one of my horses.

Billy, you are so funny. ::) ::) ::)

sixdogsmom

Wilma, I haven't looked at the field. Been working on this auction stuff, haven't even cracked the paper this morning.  :'(
Edie

Wilma

SDM, don't forget to take a break.  I am selecting Papa Clem as my second horse.  Papa Clem is post no. 7 and Chocolate Candy is post no. 11.  Seven-Eleven.  Get it?  Should be a lucky choice, don't you think.

sixdogsmom

Okay Wilma, here is a two dollar virtual bet on win, place, and show. First will be #6 Friesen Fire, second will be #13 I Want Revenge, and third will be #16 Pioneer Of The Nile. I can see that you like long shots, and they are fun to see them come in. Dons' little grandson was seven the last time they were here (a long while ago), we let him place a bet in one race and that little dude won close to $200.00 at Eureka Downs. They took him to Sheplars and let him buy some fancy boots and duds to take back east with him. He was stepping in tall cotton let me tell you!  :D
Edie

Diane Amberg

I picked Fresien Fire because he's a  Larry Jones horse.Then Chocolate Candy and Papa Clem

Wilma

I am adding Dunkirk to my picks.  Since I Want Revenge was scratched,  Dunkirk is one of the favorites and he is gray, I think.

The old gray mare won the Distaff.  Informed Decision was the only gray in the race and none of the others appealed to me so she was my only pick for that race.

So there we have it and I still haven't seen the horses.  Papa Clem, Chocolate Candy and Dunkirk and I don't care how they come in as long as they are 1, 2, and 3.

sixdogsmom

Well that dirty Bird! Ha! Mine That Bird won by a large margin, still haven't seen what horses came in next. Fifty to one long shot! Whooeeee!
Edie

Wilma

Mine That Bird
Pioneer of the Nile
Musket Man
Papa Clem
Chocolate Candy

Wasn't that fun?  My boys didn't come in on top but they weren't far behind.  Except Dunkirk and he stumbled coming out of the gate.  Mine That Bird was flying compared to the rest of them and did you see the way the leaders jumped when they realized they had been overtaken?

I had one winner out of what I was able to watch and she was the old gray mare.  I had company during part of the races and could pay attention. 

Watch this space for the next race.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk