DHS, FEMA, and the Swine Flu

Started by Varmit, May 01, 2009, 12:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Theres a lot of talk going around about this flu.  At first I thought that it was no big deal, but aftr thinking about it, I think that there may be something more to it.  I may be overreaching here and just spending too much time on youtube and the like.  But maybe not...

http://noworldsystem.com/2009/04/30/homeland-security-orders-mandatory-quarantines/

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Good grief! Please don't go overboard with this. Sure it could happen, but it is not expected to. This is not bubonic plague in the middle ages. If you are sick, don't go visit anyone in a nursing home or maternity ward. Here's what I got from my chief, who happens to be a nurse anesthesiologist in his real life. ( I hate it when someone over sensationalizes things in public!)

" On all sick person person or suspected flu calls"
 Crews are to wear full universal precautions. (eye protection,gloves,mask) Immediately upon transfer of care, a thorough cleaning of the unit ( wiping down all surfaces with disinfectant) will be done prior to leaving the ER.
As with all runs, good hand washing should be completed often. As more information becomes available,I will pass it on.

Varmit

Diane, I understand what you're saying, but if this flu is no more dangerous than the regular flu, then why the cry that it is pandemic?  Why is the gov't calling out the National Guard to watch over supplies of medicine?  Why are schools shutting down?
Why declare a national state of emergency?

I'm not saying the "sky is falling" or anything, it just seems that there is more to this than they are letting on about.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Have you not heard of precautionary measures?  Why risk an epidemic when all that is necessary is a few precautions.  And you can't take precautions without letting the entire world know that a danger might exist.  All that you need to do is stay home away from it all until it goes away.

Varmit

Wilma, thats what I am saying.  Every year thousands die from the flu, and the gov't doesn't declear an emergency over it, so why do it now? 

Wilma

Maybe just to keep you at home?

Diane Amberg

A pandemic has to do with how wide spread it is, not how sick you get. Many countries have this now. I don't think it has moved to level 6 yet has it? We have it right here and no schools have shut down and our National guard has not been called out that I know of. There are nut cases out there who would try to pull something stupid, but for Tamiflu or Relenza? Why bother? This thing will have a limited life as all flus do . Hep B.C. and others go on, worry about them instead. Be watchful, no need to panic. Just do what seems right as for any other flu. I guess some communities feel that closing schools down for awhile is right for them. If they have active cases it's a good idea.UD is not closing down at this point but they did cancel a baseball trip since one of the players had flu like symptoms, not yet confirmed.  

Varmit

I just heard about the National Guard being used today.

http://news.opb.org/article/4873-oregon-national-guard-swine-flu-standby/
http://www.whiotv.com/news/19335177/detail.html

Foxnews is reporting 400 schools shutdown.

Nutcases trying to pull something stupid, you're right, just look at links to articles that I posted earlier

Wilma

If I believed everything that I read, I would be a nut case, too.  Try a little selective reading.  Not just what you want to believe.

Varmit

Try opening your eyes..you'll see more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk