Arrogant Americans, Mr. President?

Started by kshillbillys, April 26, 2009, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

never said that they shouldn't be restricted to 2 terms.  I said their age shouldn't be a factor.  as long as they have all their marbles I don't care if they are 94 or 49.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Maybe it wouldn't take so long for the senate to do something if the old men could speak their piece and sit down.  Did you hear Specter yesterday?  I think he ah'd and oh'd between every word.  If that is the way that bills are debated, no wonder nothing can get done.

Maybe there shouldn't be an age limit, but there should certainly be some common sense used.  Just because they want to set a record on how long they can stay in office shouldn't be their reason for being there.

I think the chief justice that is retiring might be one of the smartest men in Washington.  He is getting out while he is still enough alive to have a life.

kshillbillys

Mr. President ummms and uhhhhhs and ummmmms some more unless he's got a teleprompter....some people no matter how high an office they hold just aren't gifted with public speaking....that shouldn't be held against them tho because they were "duly elected to office and deserve that respect..." (i have to go wash my mouth out with soap now...)
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

Don't worry wilma, if Dashle has his way we won't have to set an age limit. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk