What Could The Objection Be To The Wind Farms?

Started by sixdogsmom, April 30, 2009, 02:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pepelect

You didn't the mention the degraded neighboring land values, the higher electric rates and the ugly towers.............

How can building a green technology in a depressed economy be bad for the area?  The land values are too high now if you want to compare it to what you can make off the land. The only people worried about the depressed value are those who bought it to sell it.  The Westar electric rates already went up.   The towers are just cool to watch as you are riding your horse to get your cattle to market.  If I were a bird hunter I wouldn't be hunting the rocky outcrops of the Flinthills anyway.  Deer don't seem to mind human contact. I see more deer and turkeys than I ever have.  Bats....I have been living in the Flinthills for 40 years and have yet to see a bat.  Buzzards but no bats.   Did the threat of a wind farm kill off the Prairie Chicken?  Where did all the buffalo get blown to?

If you power your oil and gas wells with electricity from a wind mill is it green power?

Ole Granny

Quote from: W. Gray on May 07, 2009, 02:54:38 PM
So far, it would seem the only bad thing that might happen at a wind farm would be a rattlesnake bite up at the top and inside one of those structures.
\

Believe you can get that standing on the ground too! ;D ;D
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

kshillbillys

Not to be argumentative, but I've seen bats in Longton. They buzz around our light pole eating bugs in the summertime. Fun to watch too I might add. But I digress, up with the windmills already!!  :laugh:
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Mom70x7

So who's on here from the Beaumont area?

What do they have to say about the wind farm?

L Hendricks

Just a quick update on the wind project - Westar has chosen not to buy the energy from our project due to "perceived environmental problems"  It is really sad that non Elk County residents have a right to say what is best for our county....The good news is - there are other utility companies - it just may delay the start of the project.

D Whetstone

I love the word "perceived".

Let perception be thy truth!

DW

sixdogsmom

What the heck is a 'percieved' environmental problem? Anybody?  ??? ???
Edie

Rudy Taylor

I find this to be troubling. As I contacted officials at Westar Energy to encourage them to support the Elk County project, I sensed a hesitancy on their part to talk. It was like they wanted to support our project but there were influences from within the framework of rich and powerful investors who wanted the project stopped.

I'm now sending them copies of their own Request for Proposals to Purchase 50 MW of Wind Power that the company sent out in February. They apparently thought it was a good idea until the "they won't like it at the country club" factor kicked in.

I agree with Liz. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The wind project must advance.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

larryJ

SDM, "perceived enviromental impact" means that the company realizes that there are going to be a loud protesting group of people who will scream and holler about the impact of the wind towers on the enviroment.  The company does not want to hassle with this at this time and therefore states that there is a "perceived (we think somebody gonna get upset) environmental (term used to cover anything that is built) impact (how big the protesting group is). 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

I have a question?  What can we do to help get this done?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk