Coincidence...I think not.

Started by Varmit, April 29, 2009, 04:51:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnalexander

Billy as a matter of fact I was well aware of those facts. I just listened to Alex Jones and Steve Quayle on my favorite radio show Coast to Coast AM. (You posted a link to infowars.com which is one of Jones websites along with prisonplanet.com) .

David

I think you would find the radio show and the websites interesting.

www.coasttocoastam.com
www.infowars.com
www.prisonplanet.com

Varmit

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Meanwhile, I am going to stay at home as much as possible, stay away from other people, wash my hands and carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with me and use it.  That small bottle of hand sanitizer kept us from picking up all the things that were going around the nursing home during the 7 years that my mother was there.  We used it before we went in and again when we left.  I think that I can escape this, too. 

Teresa

Might not be a bad idea to have two or three weeks of canned goods on the shelf.  I wouldn't exhort anyone to hoard ....but you may want to have enough if you need to stay home a while....you know, just doing the ant thing lettin' the grasshopper have all the fun....and exposure.

CDC have not determined how easily the virus spreads between people.
But says that there will possibly be a vaccine by the end of next week.. ( we can only hope it works)
http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu/investigation.htm

Back to basic Health classes that we used to get in school. I know I am preaching to the choir, mostly, but most of the Country isn't in the choir. ::)

Herd Immunity - An idea applied to humans coming out of animal husbandry where you don't go in other's barns, keep them out of yours, and don't mix your livestock.  This is a disease coming up from the south, so if you are in the midst of it you will need to take more precautions, but those of us at a distance need to stay within our own and take more precautions before mixing with you down there;

Personal Hygiene - This has been touched on before, but wash your hands, and your whole body for that matter on a regular basis.  Most pathogens are removed by 20 seconds of brisk washing with basic soap;

Proper Nutrition - Eat healthy and balanced meals to keep yourself well fueled to fight off disease and injury;

Regular Exercise - Regular exercise and activity puts our body in a mode of being able to fight off attacks.  Something as basic as a thirty minute walk every other day has been shown to help, but a regular walk daily is better;

Rest - Pace yourself, take a short break during the day, and get restful sleep every night.  Rest is another one of those things that helps your immune system fight.

Add all this to basic food preparation rules and good housekeeping, and we should have nothing to worry about.

I still live "Prepared."  I keep mouse traps out, and that is how I find out I have mice (rather than waiting for them to invade and eat the food first), I fight bugs before they invade, I use "deet" as needed to prevent West Nile rather than fighting West Nile .. I use precautions concerning ticks to stop Lymes Disease before I get it ...

Basic life skills take the panic out of things like this.  Don't ignore it, but it is just another pebble in the path of life! 

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Teresa

Varmit

Tersa, I will have you know that I DO wash regularly, once every saturday.  Twice if I have a hot date! :)
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Well then you have nothing to worry about.  Germs will be afraid to get on you.......... ;D ;D

Diane Amberg

In case you didn't already catch it, we are at a level 5, which means a pandemic is eminent. Ya might want to get masks right quick if you don't have any. It's airborne.

dnalexander

Here is a government website for all things flu. There is a ton of info on here.

http://www.pandemicflu.gov/index.html

For your local information check:

http://www.pandemicflu.gov/whereyoulive/index.html

David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk