Arrogant Americans, Mr. President?

Started by kshillbillys, April 26, 2009, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 01, 2009, 03:56:18 PM
Wilma, I would say that large portion of the worlds view stems from jealously, religous views, and a large portion didn't really care for the recent ass kicking they got!

And this all started after Obama became president?

Varmit

NO IT DIDN'T START AFTER oBAMA WAS ELECTED, AS I HAVE POINTED OUT TIME AND AGAIN THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID!!!

But he sure as hell isn't doing anything about it, other than agreeing with it! 

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

And you expect him to cure what has been years in the making.  Can't you give him a reasonable length of time?  Didn't you get a chance to prove that you could do your job?

Teresa

Wilma...........  you can't really be asking these questions with a serious look on your face...
Because when I read them..I certainly don't have one on my face..
in fact.. I have chuckled out loud... ;D

Either you really do like what he stands for..or you are just stirring the pot to see what boils over.... 8)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

and what would you consider a reasonable length of time?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

And how much more damage does he have to do before you figure it out?
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Jo McDonald

Wilma, earlier you posted "I did not vote for him" but with every reply you uphold him and give all kinds of excuses for what he has done and is doing.  How can you justify all of the "UnAmerican" things he says and does?  Not one time has he said or done anything that shows he wants our country to be the strong unified people that he was elected to protect.
  Damn -- he just irritates me to the very core of my being.  How can you stand behind one, such as he?
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Wilma

I did not vote for Obama.  I did not think he was the best choice for president, but I am willing to give him a chance.  One hundred days is not a good chance.  He has earned four years in the white house and unless he does something that he can be impeached for, he deserves the respect that the office of the President of the United States carries with it.  That respect has been sorely abused in the past years.  Maybe that is why other countries seem to despise us.  But Obama has not done anything....yet, that constitutes the crimes that would incur impeachment.  Is this country losing the patriotism and loyalty that we had in the 40's and 50's?  Seems we no longer respect anything.  Seems we no longer have faith in anything.  Seems we no longer trust anything.  It is not good.  How can anybody perform their duties under the disrespect and continuous criticism that the president is receiving from every direction?  I certainly wouldn't be able to work under a boss that treated me that way.

All I am asking is that our president be given an honest chance to prove what he can or cannot do.  He is after all, our president, the highest ranking elected official in the United States.  If the citizens of the United States do not show respect for him and our country, why should other countries respect him or us?  I don't call it respect when he is blamed for problems that started before he even announced for office and those problems can't be solved in 100 days, six months, maybe not even in twelve months.  We helped get the country in the shape it is in by not putting the brakes on a long time ago.  Opposing everything that is tried does not help.  It isn't necessary to blindly support everything either.  But somewhere in the middle there should be someway to support our government.  After all, a lot of our government officials have been there a long, long time.  Maybe too long.

Yes, Teresa, I have been goading Billy.  He is a bit radical and I have been trying to get him to back up some of the claims he makes.

Jo, I am not supporting him.  I am just trying to support the country that I am a citizen of.  He was elected to the office.  Can't do anything about that now, so why not try to be a little more understanding?  This continuous dragging him down in public and that is what this forum is, is only fueling those in other countries that are looking for a reason to hate us.  Time will tell.  He will never be the greatest president we ever had, because that one is already dead, but he deserves as much of a chance as our other presidents have had.

Billy, what damage has he done and is it any worse than what we do by ranting about the sad shape our government is in, especially where it can be read by our enemies.  We do have freedom of speech but maybe that speech should be tempered a bit.

Now, I have a basketball game to get back to if it isn't over.

kshillbillys

How many other countries, our enemies as you call them, get on this forum and give a crap about what the hicks of Elk County, Kansas have to say about Barack Obama? I hope this is not taken any other way than how I've said it. We all know that Elk County is not a gateway to the rest of the world. It's not Al Jazeera tv...I don't think Osama bin Laden is keeping too close of tabs on what we are saying. If he wants to know what's going on here, he can just contact the White House but he doesn't care about our 2 cents....
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

sixdogsmom

Hillbilly, you might just be surprised how wide our comments are spread. I was shocked a couple of times to google something and a comment by a forum member came up. When it is blogged, it is out there guys.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk