First 100 days, just wait it gets better

Started by Varmit, April 25, 2009, 08:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.

With that said it is left up to Congress to determine what is considered as high crimes and or misdemeanors.  When the idea came to Impeach Bush a popularity poll was taken and 53% of the population did NOT want him impeached.  So in turn the matter was overturned. 

Don't be afraid to voice your true opinion if asked.  It may not be much but its a start. 

Wilma

So, actually, impeachment proceedings could be started for any supposed crime and doesn't necessarily have to be proven as long as Congress will go along with it?

Darkangel, does your profile picture represent evil or despair?  I hope it is despair.

Diane Amberg

This "first 100 days" business started with FDR who was trying to deal with some desperate situations.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 25, 2009, 03:09:09 PM
So, actually, impeachment proceedings could be started for any supposed crime and doesn't necessarily have to be proven as long as Congress will go along with it?

To impeach means to bring charges against and have the "individual" answer to the accusations before a tribunal.  IF the individual is impeached then tried and found to be guilty of these crimes then he or she can be convicted, sentenced and removed from office.   Impeachment does not mean removal from office.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

darkangel

Wilma,
In answer to your question my pic is for despair

Wilma

I am sorry.  There are a lot of things I could say, but you probably know all of them already.  There is one thing though.  Go to the thread "April is Poetry Month" and read Pam's poem, then read David's response to it.  It won't cure anything but it does make you feel better.  I am high on optimism and low on pessisism.  I believe that what you believe will happen, does happen.  If an opportunity is missed, a better one comes along.  Among us we can lift the whole world.  Believe me?

For what it is worth, the world puts me into despair, too, but I just give it a finger and go on.  Who needs it?

Varmit

Diane, yes I was old enough to vote for him, but didn't.  That is beside the point.  Yes, Bush made mistakes, so what?  That is not what obama is doing, he is selling out our country and constitution more and more everyday.

And that is one of the things that I am talking about.  Everytime someone critizes Nobama the left fires back with "Well, Bush did it to..." instead of presenting anything factual to show that barrack programs are working or even going to work.  Why, because they can't. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO SHOW ANY RESULTS YET.  The impatience of youth.

redcliffsw

Like past adminstrations, this bunch will be claiming results that are
not attributed to them.  And many will believe 'em too.

Varmit

So the TRILLONS of dollars added to our debt without any benefits aren't a result, the weakening of our defenses isn't a result, nationalizing of healthcare, banks, private business etc, these aren't results??? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk