Conservation

Started by Wilma, April 23, 2009, 02:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The weather channel has been running some facts about conserving.  One that I noticed was that recycling 1 aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV set for 3 hours.

I just put 12 hours of TV watching into my pop can bag.

W. Gray

How do you plug the TV into the can?  ;D
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rudy Taylor

A can is a much more intelligent instrument than a TV. ;D
It truly is "a wonderful life."

dnalexander

Wilma did you modify your original post or did you find 2 and 2/3 more cans to put in the bag? ;D ??? Just wanted you to know that  I read all your posts with interest because I think you have a lot of wisdom.

David

Wilma

Thank you, David.  Yes, I modified my original post.  After awhile I realized that I had typed in 4 instead of 12.  I thought I had gotten away with it.

Rudy and Waldo,  funny, boys, funny.

Mom70x7

QuoteI may have to ask you all about some things,

Ask away. Someone here will have an answer. If not, I can always ask Jim.

Varmit

Quote from: Wilma on April 23, 2009, 02:15:07 PM
The weather channel has been running some facts about conserving.  One that I noticed was that recycling 1 aluminum can saves enough energy to run a TV set for 3 hours.

I wonder how long a TV could run on the enegry it took to convert that aluminum can into enegry?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Joanna

I'm so far out of the loop  ::)  I thought it was what came IN the aluminum cans that give you energy  ;D
Time for another Pepsi! :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk