Mandatory Volunteers???

Started by Varmit, April 21, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Billy, do you mean the draft? It's gone. I guess I'm thick today, I don't get it.

dnalexander

Quote from: Diane Amberg on May 01, 2009, 11:07:43 AM
Billy, do you mean the draft? It's gone. I guess I'm thick today, I don't get it.

This is very nit picky, but I have too much free time on my hands today.

The draft is not gone, it is not in effect. Registration for the draft continues today. The ability to draft people into the army can still be done.

I think Billy means the slavery of the plantation\Civil War variety.

Billy, Do you include jury duty in your list of mandatory servitude. It is a government mandated civil duty?

Don't you think you are being a bit hard on the little Varmit? (No offense meant Billy)

David

Diane Amberg

Go ahead and be nit picky David and of course you are right. Billy went over my head on this one and I don't mean to seem hard on him, I just don't get what he means. He himself stated that slavery had been outlawed and I can't get a handle on what he was driving at. Was it jury duty? That might fit the bill. I hadn't considered that.

Varmit

I am talking about obama requiring grade school and high school and others to perform 50 hours of community service each year.  That is not volunteering thats forcing people, who have done nothing wrong, to perform services for communities,  Thats salvery.

The Draft is and was wrong.
Forced Jury Duty is wrong.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

So you think that the citizens of this country should not be required to do anything to support their country, Billy?
Edie

Varmit

They work and pay taxes and have the choice to do more.  I don't consider volunteering at your local soup kitchen supporting your country. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

People are noticing the country is changing for the worse.

Obama is more and more like a tyrant every day.

Varmit

Oh, now redcliffsw, aren't you being overly judgmental.  I mean look at the facts. 
We pour BILLIONS in industries because they are too big to fail, and they go bankrupt anyway...how is that worse??

Obama a tyrant...say its not so.  he passes bills that force folks into service programs, restricts and violates the Consitiution, how can you say these are the actions of a tyrant? :-X

redcliffsw

Judgmental?????

Our founding fathers established this thing right.

Tyrant?  Obama is no George Washington - he's like King George.

Varmit

Red, I really hope you detected the sarcasm in my last post..

King George..I disagree, King George believed in keeping his country safe. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk