Mandatory Volunteers???

Started by Varmit, April 21, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Nope, not surprised at all. I hear it every day. And from the same totally scruffy under cover people too. And vice also. My adventures and theirs sometimes overlap. It is priceless. We have a rule that if I am ever out and about I see one of them, they have to approach me if they want to say hello. I never speak first 'cause I don't know what they might be doing.

Varmit

You know a while back somebody posted a video and comment comparing Nobama to Hitler, most on here said that it was ridiculous, that the two had nothing in common. Others said that we should just trust the government knows what they're doing.  When I orginally started this thread I was told that it would never happen.  Yet, now we have a LAW that says it will, and people are STILL denying it.  What is it going to take to wake people up to this, Brown Shirts and Jack Boots??

Tersa, thank you so much for posting what you found on this. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

Post Script:  If it is supposed to be a volunteeray thing, why then make it mandatory? People should volounteer to help because they want to not be forced to. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I really don't have an opinion because volunteering is in my Kansas blood line. But an awful lot of countries do have some sort of National Service requirement.

Varmit

America used to have salvery too, but we abolished that a long time ago.

Diane Amberg

It may not be "legal," but you would be amazed at what goes on in big cities like NY and Chicago. Slavery is not gone, it just mutated.

Varmit

Diane it wouldn't surprise me at all.  Slavery is a big problem.  It used to be confined to criminal elements, now our government wants in on it. 

Diane Amberg

Varmit

Mandatory servitude...ring any bells?

Wilma

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk