Just another example...

Started by Varmit, April 21, 2009, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

ok, you got me on the label thing, i worded that posts the wrong way. I guess I should've said that I don't subscribe to any one way of political thinking.  As far as generalizing..how do I do that alot?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Most American public schools are good.There are a few bad ones. Most American public school kids do just fine with whatever the curriculum is. Some don't learn easily and need more help, which can be very expensive. ADA is a part of it too. Drug and alcohol babies are not just discarded academically. Kids who just aren't ready to learn or who have a different agenda, can be tough but public schools have to take them. You seem to think public education in general is bad. Most people on welfare are on it for a short time and do well later. They are not "lazy deadbeats." There are some of course,but not all. I don't think you realize how many people get help for a good reason. It is a very big number. I'm sure I could find more but I don't want to demoralize you.  ;)  By the way I totally agree on the Kobe beef, if that can be verified. The White House should serve the best of American products unless there is a cultural, religious or dietary reason to do otherwise.

Varmit

As to public schools...just because the kids are "passing" doesn't mean they are getting a good education. The curriculum has been dumbed down so much that even a monkey that skipped class could still pass with at least a "C"

As to welfare...I don't mind people who need help for a short time (around 90 days).  Its the folks that don't want to work that piss me off.

As to the Kobe beef...it has been verified, many times.  The White House should serve American products at all times, regardless of circumstances.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

kshillbillys

Hell Billy, maybe it should be a prerequisite for us to all scan our driver's license on here AND our birth certificate so then EVERYONE will know who WE are...They don't care if the POTUS is the person he says HE is, but you, now that's another story! I wouldn't know Wilma or Flo or SixDogsMom (real name?) if I ran into them on the street but Teresa and Diane and Jo all have pictures so I'd know them. No, I don't have a "real" picture of me up either, but in the roll call to all members thread I have a nice long post up about WHO I AM...name and all..no address but in Longton if you got a name you can pretty much find anyone you want to...

I guess my point is WHY THE BIG HANG UP ABOUT NOT KNOWING WHO BILLY IS? HIS NAME IS BILLY. HE LIVES IN ELK COUNTY. Isn't that enough?

JENNIFER WALKER, LONGTON, ELK COUNTY, KANSAS
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Jo McDonald

I totally agree --- at least with Billy his profile is an American Eagle AND an American flag.  Good enough for me -- maybe some of the rest should take a look at their profile picture...... I don't think we could identify them in the main stream of people.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Teresa

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on May 04, 2009, 08:32:34 PM
Diane, I don't know about the Federal Marshalls but the Dept. of Justice...if it worked so well under federal rule then why are our prisons filled to overflowing, many with repeat offenders?  Why are people sitting on death row for years at a time?  Why have they been waging a war on drugs with no victories?

Supreme Court...has gotten so used to abusing its power they feel that they have a right to legislate from the bench.  And to make matters worse one adminstration can't seem to agree with the next.  So, whatever laws they don't like they just rule oppisite to what was already ruled upon.  Which causes confusion in an already chaotic Dept. of Justice.

The next time you hear someone complaining that the federal gov't isn't doing anything about something, ask them why they haven't told their state to do something about it. You know, excrise their 10th admendment rights.

"Unitied States"...hell, we can't even decide what language we speak, we divide ourselves on race, political views, religion, etc, what is so united about that?  We are a Confederacy, individual states working together, but some how the left forgot that.

CDC...I don't know about that one.  FCC...I don't need a gov't organization telling me what to watch, or listen to, I believe that if you don't like what is on then don't watch or listen to it.

FAA...competion will spur quality and craftmanship.  Do you really think that if someone kept building a sub-standard plane that kept crashing people would chose to fly on it?

Medical Research...should be done by private organizations without the interference of gov't.  Again goes back to competition and the free market.

Public Schools...oh yeah, those turned well Tongue Lips Sealed  If the gov't does such a great job on these then why are there kids graduating who can't read, write, or answer basic history questions?

FEMA...ask the folks in New Orleans how this one worked out for them?

Fish and Game...what a waste, teach kids to respect and use nature as it was intended and there wouldn't be a need for this one.  It is a sad state when a person has to purchase a license to catch a fish.  By the way, I have never wanted fish and game.  The wardens around here act like they can go anywhere and do anything even on private land.  It is my land, I will do as I damn well please.

Water, Food, and medicane standards...if the gov't enforced these so flawlessly then why is the water in my small little town unfit to drink?  Why are foods purchased in grocery stores filled with more 20 letter words than actual food?

Strip mining...if the majority of folks in an area don't want it then they should stop it, with either local leglislation or local action.  Pollution is the same way.  If a community has a set of pollution laws that are broken, the people doing it are arrested and made to make restitution.

Farmers or Ranchers...this one hits close to home, However, that is the nature of the beast isn't it?  Every person who is in business takes risks, some you win some you lose.

My kids don't work in a sweatshop because I don't allow them to.  I think that most americans wouldn't stand for it, not on our soil anyway.

As far a vaccinations goes, I really don't like the idea of my children being forced to take a medicine without my approval.  Which without said shots they cannont attend a public school.

If We the People were the gov't, then they wouldn't pass legislation that most americans were against would they?  If gov't actually cared for the American people then they would act in the best interest for the American people and not just themselves.  They sure as hell wouldn't vote for a pay raise when most Americans are either taking a pay cut or losing their jobs all together.
Yes, we are charged to vote and serve on jurys.  But what good is that vote when they can be thrown out, miscounted, forged etc?  What good is that jury when they are not allowed to hear all evidence just because of the way it was obtained?
Yes, money is part of the gripe.  Folks work hard to earn that money and get a little mad when they see it taken from them and given to some lazy dead beat without a job, who doesn't want to work, and who feel that those with money owe them something.  Or worse yet, when they see a president who continually spouts off about how bad things are, and how we need to tighten our belts, and then throws parties (on taxpayers dime) and serves $100 servings of JAPANESES beef!
Idealism has everything to do with it.  Ideals like honesty, integrity, loyalty, honor, duty,...words the left knows nothing about.

I DO have clapping hands.................and by golly you sure as hell deserve 'em!

Head Shot!!! 10 Ringer!!!

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

Hm...I certainly don't disagree with some of Billy's retort, but I thought you all were proud of your Elk County schools and the education your kids get. and for much I can answer with one word. LAWYERS!

Varmit

flo

Quote from: kshillbillys on May 04, 2009, 08:36:21 PM
...... I wouldn't know Wilma or Flo or SixDogsMom (real name?) if I ran into them on the street but Teresa and Diane and Jo all have pictures so I'd know them. .....

just what do you call this under my name?  Or maybe you think it is a picture of someone else.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

Flo, that is a very good picture.  You have done nothing but improve with age.  Or should I say as you get older.  That doesn't sound right, either, does it?  Oh, well.  Good picture, Flo.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk