2010 Social Security Cost of Living Adjustment

Started by W. Gray, January 18, 2009, 06:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

A little more about "substantial quarters", please, Waldo.  I haven't heard about this.

I am one of those who sheltered a parent until I could no longer take care of her.  I wouldn't do it any differently now and my husband was wonderful about having her with us.  She ended her days out here in our wonderful Howard Twilight Manor with people who really cared about her.  No, I wouldn't do it any differently.  Hopefully I have set a good example for my daughters although not a one of them has a husband that would be as good to me as my husband was to my mother.  I shouldn't say that.  They would want to be.

W. Gray

If one is born 1943 through 1954, the Social Security retirement age is now 66.

If one is born in 1960, or after, the retirement age is 67.

Substantial quarters appears to have been changed to credits, of which a person can earn four credits each year.

One earns one credit for each $1,000 of earnings.

One can earn a maximum of four credits each year.

Forty credits is needed to receive Social Security at the appropriate retirement age.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

What about people born between 1954 and 1960.  I have a daughter that falls in there.  I am sure glad that I am already retired.  Things are getting too complicated.

W. Gray

1955 -- 66 and 2 months
1956 -- 66 and 4 months
1957 -- 66 and 6 months
1958 -- 66 and 8 months
1959 -- 55 and 10 months

Those with 40 credits can still retire at age 62 but the penalty is much stiffer than before.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

W. Gray

66 and 10 months.

Someone changed the keys on me.

Wilma

srkruzich

Quote from: W. Gray on April 18, 2009, 03:39:27 PM
If one is born 1943 through 1954, the Social Security retirement age is now 66.

If one is born in 1960, or after, the retirement age is 67.

Substantial quarters appears to have been changed to credits, of which a person can earn four credits each year.

One earns one credit for each $1,000 of earnings.

One can earn a maximum of four credits each year.

Forty credits is needed to receive Social Security at the appropriate retirement age.

hmmm then i would have 120 quarters in over the years.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk