Triggs' Greenhouse

Started by sixdogsmom, April 18, 2009, 12:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbert

bought the last Jet Star's at Triggs, the last at Mills Feed store and the last at Sedan plant place south of town.  I trying to get a monoply on them.  The first time at Triggs , things seemed nice.  Thanks for all the information.

sixdogsmom

Delbert, did you try Well Adjusted Plants in Sedan? Dr. Joan usually has very nice plants also, she is across from the school, on the backside of the Hollow.
Edie

rosewolf

Delbert,

I'm glad that you were able to get the last ones that my parents had. (Trigg's) They seem to go fast every year.

Greenthumb13

Hello to all. My name is Amanda and I work in the greenhouse with my grandparents. I saw someone ask about our hours. We're open from 8 a.m. until dark. We have a variety of tomatoes both heirloom and not heirloom (I'm not sure what the technical name is I just help plant and water them. lol)
We have many different kinds of flowers, we are also selling some herbs, and seed. If you have a question please let me know I will do my best to answer.
I want to thank all of you for coming out and invite those of you who haven't come to the greenhouse to come down and see what we have.
I hope I don't get kicked off here for advertising but I thought I would answer as many questions as I could at once. Thanks for reading this.  Hope you all have good luck with your gardens.
Amanda 

Greenthumb13

I'm sorry to bother you all again. I forgot to say we have more than just tomatoes. but you probably already know that. We also have cabbage, peppers, and some other vegetables. I didn't want you all to think we only have tomatos and flowers. Thanks again.

Jo McDonald

Good morning all,

Amanda it is nice to see a young persons post.  Fred and his brother Bussell were at the greenhouse yesterday and was very impressed by it.  Fred has planted Pink Girl tomatoes since the 1970's and was so happy to find the plants there   Mark Cookson had told him that he really should go to Trigg's.  While there he bought me two beautiful wave petunia hanging baskets.  I love them.  What a great thing to have all of the choices that you have there.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Joanna

Wow!  That's my idea of a dream job... working at a greenhouse with all the plants!  The gardening bug bit me pretty hard yesterday and now I'm going to have to get down there to see what all is available.  My mom is looking for a particular yellow snapdragon, so maybe I can find her an early Mother's Day gift.

Greenthumb13

Thanks Jo. I'm glad you all found what you were looking for. And enjoyed it here. If you saw me I was the girl with the lipring. lol. We were pretty busy on Saturday. So thank you all.

Joanna. Did you ever find the right color? I would like to know. I believe I saw you. I'm terrible at names so sorry. Most of the time I smile and say hello and try to help everyone find everything.
Thank you all.
Amanda

Joanna

Yep, we were there and I saw you.  You were pretty busy!  It was fun.
We had a blast looking at all the different tomato & pepper varieties... I think my husband & his brother got one of everything. Ha!  Not really, but they got a great assortment.
I got some flowers for my mom and some I didn't plan on, but also decided I'd have to try again in a week or so after I figure out what & how much I want in the flower gardens out front of the house...  I think I know someone I can con in to going with me too.
I got all the vegetables out Saturday and they actually looked pretty good yesterday afternoon even after weathering the storm.  Haven't looked today though, I'm sure they're waterlogged by now. Ha!

Greenthumb13

I'm glad to hear you found what you were looking for. And we'll be glad to see you back again. I douibt it will be this week though. With all the rain we've had and all the rain we're suppose to get, I think you'd be planting it mud. Our little garden is all water logged. I do hope you plants weather well. And I do hope to see you again soon. Maybe the sun will come out and will dry all this out soon.
Glad to hear from you. Can't wait for more questions and comments!
If there's anything you guys would like to see in the greenhouse but haven't you could suggest it. But we don't deal with trees or shrubs. Sorry.
Until next time,
Amanda

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk