Beware - Illegal software allows anyone to tap your cell phone

Started by Teresa, April 16, 2009, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

You can thank the government for this.  They require manufactuerers to iput this into the phones for tracking and surveillance.  It happened back in 1998 i think when they started with gps. 

Another thing most people don't know is if you have digital cable in your home, the settop boxes have microphones and they have cameras inside of them and they can be activated from remote
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

What's a settop box?  I didn't have to do anything except turn my TV on and I have digital cable.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 17, 2009, 08:03:44 PM
What's a settop box?  I didn't have to do anything except turn my TV on and I have digital cable.

Most cable companies have a box that plugs into your tv if your tv is analog.  Those settops convert the signal to work on your tv.

srkruzich

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on April 17, 2009, 02:13:56 PM
reason number 672 why I don't have a cell phone...or northstar...or a vehicle new enough to hav a black box
if you do just pull the battery when your not using it.  no one can activate a dead phone :)

Varmit

Yeah, but as soon as I put the battery back in they know where to find me, and if my phone has a camera they'll see me buying

yet another copy of Catcher in the Rye. And if my "box" has a camera they can see me right now, they'll my posters and flags on

my walls...they'll see my rifle...they'll see that I just flipped them the bird...
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

I have two analog TVs that run most of the day.  One of them is at least 25 years old and the other is old enough that it doesn't have the ability to return to previous channel.  I don't have a box.

I suppose next we will be told that there is a camera in the modem that sets beside my computer.  Maybe I should smile everytime I look at it.  Or post a sign on the computer, "Smile, you're on camera"?

Varmit

neruyiash iawerfpoiwqb   oiw4qh

sorry, I couldn't see my keyboard, was hiding under desk ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Maybe a piece a tape across the front of the modem would do the trick.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on April 18, 2009, 07:09:32 AM
I have two analog TVs that run most of the day.  One of them is at least 25 years old and the other is old enough that it doesn't have the ability to return to previous channel.  I don't have a box.

I suppose next we will be told that there is a camera in the modem that sets beside my computer.  Maybe I should smile everytime I look at it.  Or post a sign on the computer, "Smile, you're on camera"?
WEll if you do not have a newer digital tv, with digital tuner capability, and no settop box, you do not have digital cable.  Its not possible to run digital cable into a analog tv without a digital tuner.

I know this because i worked for Scientific Atlanta who designed the first digital cable setup for the industry.   The cable companies do however run both analog and digital signal on the same cable so your probably getting the analog signal not the digital.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk