A conservative strategist argues that the GOP governs too much like Democrats, a

Started by dnalexander, April 15, 2009, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam

Hey We always said the South was gonna rise again................................
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

redcliffsw

The South was supporting the Constitution and
standing with the Founding Fathers.  Lincoln did
not. 

That ought to tell something about the
foundation of the Republican party and it's modern
day followers - the Democrats.

Varmit

Hey, just thought of something...Lincoln was one of the only presidents to raise a Federal army to invade his own country...obama models himself after lincoln...talk about coincidence
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

And Bush makes beans....so what. The Civil War was a huge mistake, but at the time they didn't see any other way. I'd like to think we have learned from that history. Did Pres. O say he models himself after Lincoln? I must have missed that.

Varmit

And throughout the 2008 presidential campaign, Obama -- a Democrat who hails from the Land of Lincoln -- reminded audiences from coast to coast about the similarities between himself and the beloved political leader.

Obama told CBS last year that he was studying up on Lincoln -- who belonged to the Republican Party -- by reading presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin's 2005 book "Team of Rivals," which focuses on Lincoln's Cabinet.

"There is a wisdom there and a humility about his approach to government, even before he was president, that I just find very helpful," he said.-CNN

you can read the rest of the atricle here:    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/17/lincoln.obsession/index.html

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Thanks. Doris Kearns spoke in San Antonio when I was there last November. Good speaker.

Wilma

Obama has been compared to almost every recent democrat president, but he still has to prove it.  If he wants to be another Lincoln he could start by becoming Republican, then the Democrats could diss on him.

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on April 18, 2009, 02:57:31 PM
Obama has been compared to almost every recent democrat president, but he still has to prove it.  If he wants to be another Lincoln he could start by becoming Republican, then the Democrats could diss on him.

Well put, Wilma..... and a number of demo_RATS have all ready started!
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

Quote from: dnalexander on April 15, 2009, 11:30:09 AM
Stand for Something
A conservative strategist argues that the GOP governs too much like Democrats, and needs to give voters a distinct alternative agenda.
By Denis Calabrese | Newsweek Web Exclusive
Apr 14, 2009

In a word, "HorseShit"
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk