A conservative strategist argues that the GOP governs too much like Democrats, a

Started by dnalexander, April 15, 2009, 11:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I agree with some of that, don't understand some of it, and just plain completely disagree with the rest. 

What you said about being American, is absolutely correct.

Poor get mad if the rich get richer...they always have, but they don't understand the in's and out's of it either.

Repub.'s and Dem's...well, that has pretty much always been the case (as far as I remember anyway)

Too high on the hog...if you are talking about folks living above their means, then you're right, if you are not then I don't understand your opinion on that one.

The last part of your letter is where I completely disagree with you.  While we do need to stop bickering about political parties (lets face it theres not much difference between them), judging from track records, I don't think any of them really know what they are doing.  That being said I cannot, will not stand behind someone when I disagree with the way they are running my country.  More importantly, why would I want to??  I mean would you keep going to the same doctor if you didn't trust him??
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Varmit

Electing leaders who govern according to the Constitution, and the principals it was constructed on.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Varmit

No, last fall we voted in a  president based on his skin tone.  It had nothing to do with "hope" and "change".

Wilma

And if his skin tone were different, would feel differently about him?

Teresa

Quote from: Varmit on April 16, 2009, 08:27:53 PM
No, last fall we voted in a  president based on his skin tone.  It had nothing to do with "hope" and "change".

This "we" didn't vote for him...  ;) And I wouldn't have cared what skin color his empty suit carried..
The African Americans were the "WE" that voted on skin color...

Quote from: Wilma on April 16, 2009, 08:53:33 PM
And if his skin tone were different, would feel differently about him?

Absolutely NOT! I wouldn't care if he was as white as the driven snow... I would still hate everything he stands for...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Varmit

Let me make this point crystal clear.  I was raised to judge a man on his character, his actions, and his word. Not his skin tone.  I have nothing but contempt, and loathing that borders very close open hatred for racists.  My oldest son is half black. Technically, he is my step son, but I have raised him since he was barely a year old, he carries my last name, changed legally on his birth certificate, and I love him just as much as my other 2 children.

So to answer your question Wilma, no...obamas skin color doesn't mean a thing to me.  The only people it mattered to were the first time (and only time) voters who couldn't get past his charm or color.  In fact, obama was the only canidate during the campaign to bring it up. 

I will oppose any politican who seeks to trample on my Constitution.  I have to, I took an Oath on it, fought to protect it, which I might add, is more than he ever did. 

redcliffsw

A gentleman from western Oklahoma sent this to me a couple of days ago
and since it is so timely, I got his permission to post it.  This looks like a
good place to put it:

Jefferson Davis said, "The contest is not over, the strife is not ended. It has only entered upon a
new and enlarged arena, and the principle for which we contend is bound to reassert itself, though
it may be at another time and in another form."

President Davis was indeed prescient in his statement more than a century ago. Without realizing the
relation of their actions to the principle for which our Confederate fathers contended, folks who gathered
yesterday for the Tea Parties across the nation are contending for that principle. So also are the state
legislatures who have passed, or are considering, state sovereignty resolutions. The principle of which Davis
spoke is the sovereignty of the states and it is reasserting itself in another form at another time from that
of Davis and our Confederate Fathers. In my one-man play about the last days of Davis, he said, "like a great
Phoenix, that cause still reposes in the human breast, awaiting the day when it will again rise from the ashes
of Lincoln's war." The Phoenix is stirring in our day and I am hopeful that it is the precursor to another
secessionist movement.

The time comes when an entity becomes so corrupted that reforming it is an impossibility. That was true of
religion in the dark ages and it is true of this "democracy" that has supplanted the Republic our Fathers founded
and for which they contended from 1860-1865. Washington cannot be reformed, nor can the Republic be
restored upon the political, entitlement-oriented, cesspool that swirls in Washington City. The only hope for my
children and grandchildren (which none of them comprehend and which few people in this land comprehend) is
secession and the establishment of a true Constitutional Republic as envisioned by the South in 1860. That is the
only true return to the intent of the Founders.

Masses of people throughout this land are now unwittingly contending for that principle. Without realizing what
they are doing, they are echoing William Wallace, Patrick Henry, Jefferson Davis, and every other man who ever
loved freedom from the tyranny of a central government. They are voicing the cause of our Confederate Fathers
and we need to encourage that voice to be heard across the land. There is a great opportunity before us to
capitalize on these things by presenting our true Southern history.

Deo Vindice,

name witheld

Varmit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk