Hmmmm... The plot thickens

Started by Teresa, April 14, 2009, 11:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

You think he does not believe in the Constitution even though he isn't doing anything differently than his predecessors did.
You think he is not a Christian even though he says he is and is attending Christian churches and going through the motions of being a Christian.  How many people do you know that say they are Christian and still do unchristian things?-wilma

We didn't have an assault weapon ban with bush or the push for so much legislation..

Even Satan was in heaven at one point....

And I don't know anyone who says they are a Christian and supports abortion
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

You know you all seem so comfortable judging.......me not so much.........like the hoopla about Obama talking to our "enemies" and being a "traitor" to America..........I watched the news coverage of the meetings I listened to Obamas explanation of his purpose this evening on the news. It makes common sense to me what he said...that he is trying to show them that we are going to practice what we preach for a change. Imagine that.....America actually being able to say do as I do instead of do as I say.

There are a lot of things I TOTally disagree with him on..LIKE gun control and some of the immigration stuff and a few other things that just have to do with my own moral code...BUT I don't think he is the big bad he is made out to be...he's just another politician who was JUST crooked enough to get elected.

I think judging another persons relationship or lack thereof with God is a slippery slope and one NONE of us is really qualified to do....but that's just my two cents.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

I don't feel like I am judging him....just calling it like I see it.  Can't really say that I agree with your view (I know shocking isn't it.)about America and the "do as I say thing".  I think what really got to me the most about the Summit of the Americas is how obama sit through an hour of U.S. Bashing without saying a word in our defense.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Matthew 7:20

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

pam

JUdge not lest ye be judged......for by the measure you use so shall it be meted out to you.....
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

Perhaps Pres. O thinks the world is entitled to it's opinion and he can't know where the rough spots are unless he hears it?  You know (and this is just my opinion based on what some others have said), many countries aren't so in love with him as much as they are glad to see Pres. Bush go away. He left a really bad taste in the mouths of some countries. I voted for his father, and was disappointed. I voted for the son the first time, but not the second time.  I do feel Pres. Bush and his people used 9-11 as an excuse to run wild. I'm still not happy about the wire tapping and the executive signing privileges he used to get what he wanted, constitution or not. Part of the time he seemed to be more of a Christian leader looking to make religious and political converts than our governmental  President. Other things he did I liked. A different Republican might have done better. That's just me.   

Wilma

Thank you, Diane.  You have just reinforced my contention that Obama is being unjustly judged before he has had a chance to prove himself.  He has still to do some of the things previous presidents have done that have been forgotten.  He also still has the trials to go through that other presidents have had to face.

Diane Amberg

It may all totally flop on it's own merits, but I'm certainly not going try to sabotage their efforts or be so quick to judge. It's a shame future generations may be saddled with this, but that was almost assured when we went to war, long before the economy went poof and the mortgage banks imploded.  My father felt the same way during the depression and at the end of WWII. 

pam

You two are spot on to what I'm thinkin too.
William Butler Yeats

redcliffsw

Diane, I never saw Bush as a Christian leader looking to make political or religious converts.
What did he have to be converted to politically?  Religiously?  Please tell me more.

How about governmental converts?  Seems like there's way too many of 'em already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk