Hmmmm... The plot thickens

Started by Teresa, April 14, 2009, 11:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

As well can I....and yes I guess I am a sh*t starter too...just my nature!  ;D
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

How is Rush a blow hard?? what he says makes sense.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

Edie

pam

Rush is a blowhard. If he had been a LIBERAL talk-show host when they found out he was also a pill junkie he never would've worked again and you know it. But because he was RUSH LIMBAUGH GREAT AMERICAN he just had a disease and needed our help :P Give me a break.

Y'all don't know me, I am a fence ridin conservative independant with liberal tendencies and I listen to people with an open mind and decide for myself whether or not I think they are full of you know what. I think he is full of you know what.

I been known to stir a turd or two myself :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

No...not thats not right.

1) obama-liberal who admitted to smoking pot, now elected president
2) clinton-also smoked weed, cheated on his wife, lied under oath, among other things, still kept in office
3) and the list goes on...

Yes, he had a drug problem, Yes, he got over it (and good for him).  But that doesn't change the fact that what he says is not only true but makes sense.  Is he arrogant??? yeah, a little.

But like the song says, "it ain't braggin if you can back it up"
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

LOL but Obama was a poor black kid from Chicago :P and Clinton did NOT inhale LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We are going to just have to agree to disagree on Rush, I don't think he has the Holy Grail of the Truth at his disposal.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

flo

Obama smoked pot, Clinton cheated on his wife . . . .  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( know what I say?  FILE ALL THIS WHERE YOU FILED THE TRICKY DICKIE SHUFFLE and move on.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

After reading the glowing reports of Fox News as a news channel, I decided to give them another chance.  So, this morning at 6:00 I turned on the TV and switched to the Fox News network.  Sure enough they were reporting on the covering up of religious symbols.  First they covered the original story, complete with photograph showing the painted plywood.  Then one of them offered that the decision to do this was probably made by some 22 year old White House staffer.  And then, they reported that the White House denies asking that religious symbols be covered up while the president was speaking, that they asked only for the usual background with American flags.  So it must have been the school's decision to place an ugly piece of plywood over what would have been a beautiful addition to the picture.  This comment took about 1/20th of the time that the rest  of the story took.

This is not a news story.  The news was that the president was speaking at this school, not that anyone had asked that religious objects be covered.  If Fox is a news channel, maybe they need better reporters with a better idea of what news is.  It sounds more like the Enquirer than it does a reliable news source.  To be fair though, I will try Fox several times today to see if they are presenting any real news.

Flo, you are right.  That is exactly where this story belongs.

Varmit

I am not saying that Rush is the holy grail of truth, just what he says makes sense. 'nuff said on that.

As far as the White House denying asking for the cover up, I guess anything they say is true, and of course, obama and his administration never reverse themselves.  This is news because it goes to show his character and his comments recently in Turkey in which he stated "america is not a christian nation..." and that "we are not at war with islam.."

In that we don't have a national religion, he is right, but we were founded as a christian nation, on christian principals.  And no, we are not at war with islam, just the radical ones that want to slit all our throats.  Of course, we can't call them terrorists anymore.  In fact, we will embrace their religion just so we don't hurt their feelings or give the impression that we actually stand on principals, In fact, those of us that do will be the ones labeled as terrorists.

Wilma

We are not at war with Islam, and I wish you would learn to capitalize.  We are at war with terrorism.  This war was started when we were attacked.  Now just who is saying that we should embrace this religion so as not to hurt their feelings and who says we shouldn't call them terrorists?  They are terrorists, but not all Muslims are terrorists and not all terrorists are Muslims.

He is right that we are no longer a Christian nation, even though we were based on Christianity.  We have accepted in our country all religions, freedom of religion.  I claim it as my right and I will not deny it as your right.  Now why are you blaming Obama for this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk