Gun law support is going down..

Started by Kjell H., April 13, 2009, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kjell H.

For almost a week, Americans have been told by liberal bloggers, Keith Olbermann, Rick Sanchez, and David Shuster that conservative talkers are lying about the Obama administration's plans to enact stricter gun laws, and that this is what caused Richard Poplawski to kill three police officers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, last Saturday.

You know who's been telling the American people Obama wants to take away guns? Members of his own administration, that's who.

Such was reported Wednesday evening by CNN's Bill Schneider in a piece addressing a new poll that found only 39 percent of Americans support stricter gun laws compared to 46 percent who want no change to current legislation .
It may have to do with President Obama and the new administration.

Read more........
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/04/11/cnns-schneider-obama-administration-wants-stricter-gun-laws

Here is the video  .

Marshal Halloway

Teresa

Quote from: Kjell H. on April 13, 2009, 11:15:21 PM
that this is what caused Richard Poplawski to kill three police officers in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, last Saturday.

(AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

This concept never ceases to make my blood boil!
When in this country did we stop blaming the "suspect" and why did we start blaming the gun, or rock music, or talk radio??!!??
It's no wonder there is no accountability in government!   There's not accountability for anyone anymore!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

pepelect

Guns only kill people if they are close enough to be pistol whipped. 

Ammo is a different story. 

Registered ammo can't hurt you.  The bar code won't fit in to the chamber.

pam

QuoteWhen in this country did we stop blaming the "suspect" and why did we start blaming the gun, or rock music, or talk radio??!!??

Oh.............bout 50 years ago :P Does anybody remember that stupid stuff about playin rock records backwards at certain speeds? LMAO that still cracks me up.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Diane Amberg

srkruzich

Quote from: pepelect on April 14, 2009, 12:39:03 AM
Guns only kill people if they are close enough to be pistol whipped. 

Ammo is a different story. 

Registered ammo can't hurt you.  The bar code won't fit in to the chamber.

Why would i register my ammo or my guns?  What insane reason could anyone possibly come up with to get me to tell the government who can't even manage itself what weapons i might have. What business is it of theirs anyway??  THey have no right to tell me i have to tell them everything about me. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

pam

Quote from: Diane Amberg on April 14, 2009, 08:22:07 AM
eek! Has it been that long? :o

LOL, no not for the record thing anyway :) it's only been about 30 years for that one :P LOL
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

dnalexander

Smallest percentage favoring a handgun ban since Gallup first polled on this nearly 50 years ago.

PRINCETON, NJ -- In Gallup polling conducted prior to last week's gun massacre at an immigrant center in Binghamton, N.Y., only 29% of Americans said the possession of handguns by private citizens should be banned in the United States. While similar to the 30% recorded in 2007, the latest reading is the smallest percentage favoring a handgun ban since Gallup first polled on this nearly 50 years ago.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/117361/Recent-Shootings-Gun-Control-Support-Fading.aspx

Kjell, Teresa, and other thanks for doing all the heavy lifting on Second Amendment Issues. Since I live near the home base of Diane Feinstein you all save me a lot of time building my arguments for discussing it with my fellow California.

David

srkruzich

Quote from: dnalexander on April 14, 2009, 12:14:13 PM
Smallest percentage favoring a handgun ban since Gallup first polled on this nearly 50 years ago.

PRINCETON, NJ -- In Gallup polling conducted prior to last week's gun massacre at an immigrant center in Binghamton, N.Y., only 29% of Americans said the possession of handguns by private citizens should be banned in the United States. While similar to the 30% recorded in 2007, the latest reading is the smallest percentage favoring a handgun ban since Gallup first polled on this nearly 50 years ago.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/117361/Recent-Shootings-Gun-Control-Support-Fading.aspx

Kjell, Teresa, and other thanks for doing all the heavy lifting on Second Amendment Issues. Since I live near the home base of Diane Feinstein you all save me a lot of time building my arguments for discussing it with my fellow California.

David

When you have a day and age when our security and well being is being under attack by not only enemies from beyond but also within our own government, people wake up and say Hey, we need something to defend ourselves.   
I still can't believe that 29% of the public could possibly think banning guns.  Amazing that they are so blinded to it.   Safety and security is not the responsibility of government, their primary responsibility is to defend us from attackers, not by themselves but alongside with us defending ourselves.   You see we cannot abdicate that responsibility to the military only because they cannot do it all themselves.  It would take their hardshell abilities along with our behind the line swift attacks to defeat a large invading force. 

The threat isn't from outside our borders though, the enemy works within, quietly inside our government and utilizing these agencies that try to get gun ban legislation in place.   Once they have succeeded in banning weapons or even registering them, then they can make their move and most likely won't fire a shot for the most part.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Please excuse my east coast ignorance, but who is the ''they" of whom you speak. "They can make their move"... Who are they and what do you have that they want? Do you mean your guns? Who is this large invading force that's parked on our door step ready to spring into action?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk