Gun law support is going down..

Started by Kjell H., April 13, 2009, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Could it be like benefitting from the next gov't program or
going to the mailbox for the gov't check? 

It seems that's why we had the Revolution against the
British monarchy so that we could be free and independent,
own property, and have indiviual rights.  Nowdays, we seem
to be saying that we can't and "should not" make it as independents
of the the fed's.

Varmit

Nowdays, we seem
to be saying that we can't and "should not" make it as independents
of the the fed's.-redcliffsw

True, but you should have used "they" instead of "we".
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Doesn't the militia need a command or does each individual act on his own?

redcliffsw

Billy-
My mistake, thanks for the correction.

Varmit

Wilma, of course they need a command.  What I was getting at is that the anti-gun folks have used teh argument that the National Guard is the militia as defined by the 2nd admendment.  The problem is that the Federal gov't can call upon the national guard, when it does the guard takes its orders from the gov't. Hence, the guard cannot take up arms against the gov't and so cannot be the militia as defined by the 2nd admendment.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

W. Gray

The Kansas State Militia existed until 1885 when it became the Kansas National Guard.

Some states still have official militia units.

These are not the National Guard but a separate state entity.

These units go by names such as Defense Force, State Guard, and Military Reserve Force.

But in some states, such as Connecticut, these units are called the state militia.

California, Illinois and a few others have a Naval militia.

These units, whether called militia or not, cannot be called into federal service.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Sarge

Quote from: BillyakaVarmit on April 18, 2009, 07:49:11 AM
  but then again most people these days just don't care so long as their fridge is full and theres a game on the tv.  they would rather just stand in line with the rest of the sheeple and wait for the gov't handout.

You hit the nail on the head there Billy!!!
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

Teresa

Congress has backed down.. but don't breath a sigh of relief yet.. It's only temporary.. hoping..since their man Obama and his cronies was picked to be the gun salesmans of the year.. They just want people to get a false sense of comfort. Don't do it!
They are only gearing up in other directions..
and ..they will be saying, as Arnold said..."

Well guess what...................... So will We! ;)

The arguments by LaPierre are calm, level headed, and textbook NRA.
The Nice way to have a gun debate. Sometimes whenever spots like this are aired, the NRA sounds like a pro 2nd Amendment bureaucrat. I know Wayne personally and I realize in these short episodes, he is constrained by time and venue, but we need to see more of the "in your face" stuff from the NRA. Now is not the time to be nice to these people.....It's time to get serious and kick some ass in these debates. When you hear him talk at the convention.or over dinner... he gets down to the nitty gritty and flat can put some passion into what he says..  .. I wish he would show that side of him more in the public eye with these buffoons.

What about the 60 Dems. that signed "the letter" to BHO.    Rendell, Feinstien, Schumer, Pelosi, and others, need to know that the time they choose to bring this back up, AWB, microstamping, imported ammo, ( new on the list is outlawing reloading)  whatever................................;
That THIS TIME, a "sleeping giant" will awaken, and it will be a political fight to the finish. When it comes, we need to smack the anti's back big time. So they don't try this crap again.

My question to Rendell is what other guarantees under the Bill of Rights is he willing to give up? I would suggest the first amendment for him. Wonder how he would like that?

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk