Gun law support is going down..

Started by Kjell H., April 13, 2009, 11:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Yeah, those braggarts really tick me off.  How dare they talk about what they have, they should have known better! 

But then again, maybe they were just trusting law enforcement officers to keep them and their property safe.

Hey heres an idea, lets focus less on taking those evil guns off the streets and more on keeping CRIMINALS off the streets.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

I didn't say that I agreed. I wish the police could do more, but when people clam up it's really hard to do a proper investigation. Unfortunately, what is one man's criminal is another man's Robin Hood.

Wilma

The Founders couldn't have possibly known how destructive weapons could become.  They were trusting in the common sense of man to not use them against each other unless necessary.  Unfortunately, most men have lost their common sense.

How about this?  Instead of collecting all the weapons, make it illegal to make any more.  Then when all the bad stuff has been smuggled overseas for huge profits, there won't be any here at home to kill us with.

Varmit

Wilma, do you really believe the founders were that naive...that they couldn't figure out how a rock became a sword became a musket became a cannon?  What they were trusting in was the backbone of the american people to stand up to gov't, what they provided with the 2nd admendment was a means to do it with. 

How about This? Instead of more draconian gun laws that do no good, why not leave our rights alone and go after those people who commit crimes???  Then when they are all locked up or whatever there won't be any more crime.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Varmit

my momma always said I should have been a politican, preacher, or lawyer ;)

Diane Amberg

Varmit

Diane Amberg

Wilma

"AMENDMENT 2

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

My source's explanation.

"This Article calls attention to a striking difference between the Constitution and Declaration of Independence.  In the Declaration, many words were used in explaining why the colonies were separating from Great Britain.  But, in the Constitution, Amendment 2 is the only Article that contains any explanation of why it was passed.

The right to keep and bear arms was exceedingly precious to men who faced dangers of many kinds in their daily lives.  Colonial farmers with their muskets had helped to win the Revolutionary War.  On the frontier, a gun was usually the pioneer family's only protection against wild animals and prowling Indians."

In the Amendment it states that a well regulated militia was necessary to the security of a free state, so it was necessary that people have the right to own guns.  Guns were a necessary part of staying alive in the 18th century.  Not only for protection, but to put food on the table.  So the Amendment was passed that no one could be prevented from owning and carrying a gun.  This was done not only for the individual person's personal use, but also so that in case of an attack, the guns would be at hand and not locked up some place waiting for someone to come unlock them.

Today we are not called on to bring our personal firearms to fight the enemy.  Today it is a matter of choice whether or not we own a firearm.  With the ownership of a firearm comes the responsibility of being a responsible citizen, keeping that firearm out of the hands of the irresponsible ones. 

I have nothing against owning firearms.  Personally I got rid of my arsenal after my husband died.  But I didn't turn it in to authorities.  I gave my mother's rifle to my sister and my husband's old sawed off shotgun to his oldest nephew.  The gun had been handed down in the family for several generations, always owned by a Weyrauch.  The rest of them I sold.

I have another nephew that hunts to put meat in his freezer.  Actually, I have 3 nephews that hunt for meat.  But none of them need an assault weapon to do it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk