delete old stuff

Started by Delbert, April 27, 2009, 07:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delbert

Will some of the old messages be deleted as so you don't have to go into all the pages.  Just like old e-mails they need to be saved or delete them.  What do you think?

sixdogsmom

Delbert, when I sign in, I just click on the 'Show Unread posts since last visit' option at the top of the page. That way you can go to those posts and read what you want, then delete those you do not care to read. Makes it a lot easier for me anyway. I am still uncovering options in this site as there was lots of planning when it was set up.
Edie

Dee Gee

Delbert, I just stay signed in and click of the "new" button to see only the new posts for the thread.  I don't think we should delete the old posts because I want to be able to go back and review some of them at times.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Diane Amberg

No, No, get rid of all the old stuff so nobody can catch me if I make a mistake!  ;D ;D ;D

Catwoman

I deleted all of the old stuff from my life a long time ago.  Uh...oops...I guess we're discussing computer programs and not real life, huh. LOL. ::) ::) ;)

larryJ

I think not.  I kinow when I became a member I wanted to look at any and all entries that might have something to do with my roots in Howard.  It is easy enough to go to unread messages so the old ones should stay.   Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Teresa

No..  there won't be any deleting.
I leave them all up.
Delbert.. you might have read them but a newcomer that just comes in hasn't.. I have people tell me all the time that sometimes they go clear back to page one and start reading.. And that is sometimes the ones that have been here awhile..
If there is a dated event, I will try to put that in archives after it is over.. sometimes I get behind.  :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Delbert

In ten years new forum people will never  see the light of day again as they are trying to catch up on all the comments of the past.

sixdogsmom

Maybe that is a good thing?  ::)
Edie

Varmit

NEW PEOPLE, BAH, DANG FOREGINERS!!   (just kidding), seriously though, don't delete, newbies don't have to read everything, but some history would be helpful.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk