Air Obama: Military Strained by Obama's European Trip

Started by Warph, April 07, 2009, 02:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

The Royal Entourage 500 of The Marxist Imam Obama's and his Czarina's G-20 Grand Tour of Europe takes precedence over Our Troops fighting the War in Afghanistan.  Million$ of Tax Payers Dollar$ spent on one man's EGO!

Thursday, April 2, 2009
Military strained by Obama trip
by Bill Gertz
Air Obama

President Obama's European visit this week has strained Air Force heavy-airlift capabilities and obliged the military to hire more foreign contractors to help resupply U.S. and allied forces in Afghanistan, according to military sources.

The large delegation traveling with the president in Europe required moving several transports, including jumbo C-5s and C-17s, from sorties ferrying supplies to Afghanistan to European bases for the presidential visit, said two military officials familiar with the issue. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to avoid any misunderstanding with White House officials.

The Air Mobility Command, part of the U.S. Transportation Command, was ordered to provide airlift for the president's entourage of nearly 500 people, including senior officials, staff, support personnel, news reporters and some 200 Secret Service agents for the European visit, which began Tuesday in London.

Airlift for the traveling entourage also was used to move the president's new heavy-armored limousine and several presidential helicopters used for short transits.

To make up for the shortfall, the Air Force had to increase the number of Eastern European air transport contractors hired to fly Il-76 and An-124 transport jets into Afghanistan loaded with troop supplies, the two officials said.

The airlift crunch comes at a particularly difficult time, as the military is stepping up deliveries of supplies in advance of a surge of 21,000 U.S. troops to Afghanistan.

Source (Complete Article):

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/02/inside-the-ring-89874599/print/
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Varmit

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

sighhhhhhhhhh  you know...... I'm just sometimes so worn out from being disgusted at what this man is doing. All I can do is close my eyes... and shake my head and hope like hell we can survive and stay intact as a nation with this Helium Ego'd Idiot and his band of thieves at the wheel.............

There aren't any words right now .......................... :(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Really, people, and Bush's trips and Clinton's trips didn't do the same thing?  Are you going to find something wrong with everything he does?

jerry wagner

Jo McDonald

Wellllllllll  Not Everything..........
He is well dressed and his teeth are nice and white.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Catwoman

Quote from: Wilma on April 08, 2009, 07:17:06 AM
Really, people, and Bush's trips and Clinton's trips didn't do the same thing?  Are you going to find something wrong with everything he does?
I listened to people (other than you) bash Bush daily...And, while I still say that we should support our President, no matter who he/she is, I have been very gratified to see that O is beginning to receive the same daily dose of drivel that Bushy had to endure.  Misery loves company!  :o ::)

Wilma

Do you think that might be the reason that there is so much fault-finding,  that people are so unhappy with their own situations that they have to share it?

dnalexander

Wilma, I think you may have something. While I think it may be an American pastime to criticize the minutiae of the President's mistakes; I think that due to the current economic climate that you may be correct.

David

Catwoman

Quote from: Wilma on April 08, 2009, 04:55:32 PM
Do you think that might be the reason that there is so much fault-finding,  that people are so unhappy with their own situations that they have to share it?
Maybe, but I doubt that it's the primary problem.  The biggest part of the problem with O isn't that people are so very unhappy with their lives at the moment...It has more to do with the various unfortunately valid points brought out by myself, Teresa, Kjell, Varmit, Warph, Frank and others.  The current economic climate just adds salt to the already open wound of what O is now and is feared to be in the future.  I keep trying to remember the statements that Pam has made...We've gotten along pretty good before this president...We can survive this tenure and then go on afterwards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk