Pictures of the ECCEF Table Setting Event

Started by Teresa, April 01, 2009, 11:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

The yearly ECCEF Table Setting Event was held Sunday March 29, 2009 at the Elk valley School in Longton Kansas

( If you want to pause a picture to look at it longer and more closely, put your mouse on the bottom of the slideshow and it will give you the pause option..  :)  )

We're sorry.

In order to view a slideshow, you must have Macromedia's Flash Player™ version 7 or higher installed on your local computer. Sometimes, problems with a Flash Player that is already installed can prevent your upgrading to the latest version.  If you do not have administrative access rights to the computer you are currently using, you may not be able to install the Flash Player.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Tobina+1

And the winners were...
There were actually 2 categories this year; Traditional and Non-Traditional.  Prizes were donated by the Elk Falls Pottery and Bank of Longton (? Not sure which bank, but I think this is right). 

The Traditional winner was Midnight Amethyst by Carol Nigh and Marcella Price.  It's the picture towards the end of the purple table with the black plates and the beautiful floral centerpiece.

The Non-Traditional winner was Chuckwagon Diner by Twila McCammon.  It's the picture of the table towards the beginning with the conastoga wagon table.  Very cute!

As you can see, the variety of tables was great!  There was everything from Christmas to Easter to the Beach and everything in between!  Including a real flowing chocolate fountain (mine!). 

If you didn't attend this year, make plans to attend next year!  It's a really fun evening/afternoon.  And every year I go, I get to meet Forum Friends face-to-face!

Tobina+1

OK, now for some of my personal faves...

I think the most creative and detailed table was the Witch Watchers table by Jill Ball.  There was so much stuff on that table and it was amazing!  I loved that the silverware sat inside caskets, and that the salt and pepper shakers were sitting inside the eye sockets of the skull!  So cute! 

Another very interesting table was the Elk County Wind Farm by Annette Barnaby and Velva Hoyt.  They quilted chairback covers that looked like wind turbines!  And in the middle of the table was a "dirt pie" dessert with worms and little wind catchers stuck in the "ground". 

My sister, mom, and nephew sat at The Grannie Nannie Table by Leisa Meisch.  It was definately set up for kids, with lots of things to do, play with, color, and take home!  We entertained my nephew with the jumping frogs the rest of the weekend, and he loved his new custom-colored mug with the curly straw!

I could actually say something about every single table there!  All the decor was so amazing and unique!  And for those of you who couldn't attend but are thinking about doing a table next year... don't worry about your dishes!  Some tables (like Grannie Nannie) used paper plates (well, she did have regular plates on the bottom for the grown-ups), and some were just the cute melamine (hard plastic) plates that are so stylish and inexpensive (like Dee's table Ebony & Ivory). 

Tobina+1

I may have misspoke on the winners.  According to the paper, it was 1st place and 2nd place.  When we had to sign up our table, we had to make a notation if it was non-traditional or traditional, so I just assumed that the 2 tables were the winners for each category.   Guess I was thinking they were BOTH 1st place winners in my book!   :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk