Dear Mr. President,

Patriotic retirement:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force - Pay them $1
million apiece severance with the following stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment
fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto
Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house/pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!

PS If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Varmit

A few problems, 1) how many of them own their own business 2) what if they don't need a new car?  3) what if they don't want/need a new home? 

Seems to me that all that would do is force people to buy things they don't nesseccarly need or want then make them pay taxes on things they were forced to buy.  This problem was started by gov't telling people how to run their buinesses, to fix it gov't needs to step back and let the american people take care of themselves
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flo

for crying out loud, people, lighten up.  Don't always see the down side, especially of a joke.  Trying smiling, maybe that would help more than anything.  :) :) :) :) :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I truly give up on this forum. :-\ :-\
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Flintauqua

Quote from: flo on April 04, 2009, 09:07:56 AM
for crying out loud, people, lighten up.  Don't always see the down side, especially of a joke.  Trying smiling, maybe that would help more than anything.  :) :) :) :) :) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  I truly give up on this forum. :-\ :-\

Don't give up Flo!  I keep saying to myself "Why do I keep coming back here?"  It's because I care enough about what's going on in Elk County to keep putting up with all the negativity and nonsense that spews from certain people whose viewpoint is what would be called statistically an "outlier", something that is so far above or below the middle, that is skews the average.  And what is often done in statistics is you throw out the outlier, and to me the country has way too many outliers!  Listening to them only pulls more and more people away from the center, polarizing the populace.  So, I don't listen. >:(

Varmit

I'm realitivy new to the fourm, so I have to ask..what qualifies as nonsense?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Could the "nonsense" be that if we are not lined-up with
the Democrats or Republicans and therefore lacking in support
of the mainliners?  Further could it be like the recent matter
created by law enforcemnt in Missouri. 

Here a little about it:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?pageId=93014     

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090327.html

pam

Dude I LIVE in Missouri and there were Ron Paul stickers and signs up all OVER the place and I didn't see any storm troopers roundin people up or hasslin em about it, i have neighbors who fly Confederate flags and native american flags, POW flags all KINDS of flags, You guys are goin down the doomsday slope on an oiled banana peel in here lately...
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

redcliffsw

Not so.  You ought to check further about it.

Varmit

Glad someone put something up about that MO report. Been trying to but am not that computer savvy.  As far as a "slippery slope", this country has been going down it for quite some time.  But in the last 60 days or so, we've really picked up speed.

pam

I've thought alot about all the things thrown around in here about the end blah blah blah. What you all don't seem to understand about me is I don't think the government gave me freedom. Freedom just is...if somebody can take it away from you it AIN'T freedom. Even in the most repressive culture in the world they can't REALLY take your freedom unless you LET them. You can ALWAYS fight! Yeah you may die...got news for you...we are all gonna die..sometime or other.
I'm sick of all this oh it's the end bull. If in four years all of a sudden Obama is king or somthin then I'll say you were right. Until then I am gonna LIVE my life and ENJOY it. I'm gonna vote for whoever I want, stand up for my rights, my family and my friends. I'm gonna go out with a smile the size of my head on my face with no regrets. And if in four years we just elect another president that some people don't like who does things that make people make the same doomsday predictions about guess where I'll be. Over here enjoyin my life. And I won't even say see I told you so. :P
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk