Purple Martins

Started by Dee Gee, March 29, 2009, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

Thank you, Diane!
We went out to the kids/grandkids" farm and the hummingbirds - chickadees - nuthatches - purple martins and blue indigos are having family reunions, I do believe.  Soooooooooo many beautiful birds.  What a blessing to watch God's creatures living their lives in peace and harmony.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flo

Congratulations and best wishes, Jo and Fred.  I have at least two indigo buntings.  I thought it was just the same one, but looked out and there were two eating and have been all week.  Yes, they are just beautiful.  I call them "electric blue" in color.  Have a gazillion hummingbirds and I have no idea how many oriole pairs.  Have oranges out, but they prefer to eat out of the hummingbird feeders.  Then the usual mixture of blue jays, gold finches, turtle doves, those dang black birds, and they all make quite a colorful display.  I do enjoy watching the birds, but they drive Lucy batty trying to keep them all from landing on "her" fence. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Wilma

I saw three little birds this morning, preening themselves in a rose bush.  They were the size and shape of chick-a-dees but didn't have the black cap and other distinguishing marks.  Just shades of gray.  I wonder if they were just out of the nest chick-a-dees, especially since I am pretty sure that a couple of adult chick-a-dees were feeding babies from my feeder.

Diane Amberg

I'll bet you are right. We have some too that took over a wren house. They'll fledge soon so I'll try to get a look at them.

Wilma

I have a wren house close to where I saw the small ones and the adults kept flying that way, but I never saw any action at the house.  Of course, I can't get a clear view of it from a window either.

Wilma

I am wondering now if my babies were baby house sparrows.  There were two babies in the feeder with a male sparrow feeding them.  They looked kind of like the babies in the roses.  Diane, I will still be interested in knowing what young chick-a-dees look like if you can get a look at them.

Wilma

Daughter took this picture of the baby being fed.  She took it through the window glass from about 6 feet away, using her zoom feature.

Wilma

My baby bunny came to the house yesterday.  The second picture shows how small he is.  The plants in the background are iris.

sixdogsmom

You got your new battery, right? Thanks for sharing the photos, I always enjoy them.  :-*
Edie

Dee Gee

Looks like he is sitting right in nice bunch of clover, good eating for rabbits.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk