Purple Martins

Started by Dee Gee, March 29, 2009, 08:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Gee

Has anyone seen any Purple Martins yet this year?  I haven't noticed any around my house yet, they are usually here before now.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Teresa

We had 2 scouts cruising around at the farm last weekend..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Delbert

Had 7 show up a couple weeks ago and had about that many more show up yesterday.   I have 7 houses so will have more show up.   Just like women they probably stopped to shop.

patyrn

We have five that have been here (Edmond, OK) about ten days.  They probably are not too pleased with our early spring wintry conditions the past week, but this morning I hear them busily scouting around and choosing new homes.

Dee Gee

I have not seen any scouts here yet, sounds like they are running late this year.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Teresa

Was out at our lake property and we have a full house of them.. chattering and gossiping to beat the band. I love them ..
Mark is going to put up another house too I think. Dad Cookson made one that is HUGE ( we call it the Carlton Ritz..) so hopefully we will have even more out there.  He has his full at this house too I noticed last night.

Dee Gee

Finally a pair of Martins showed up this morning, I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get any this year.

Teresa

Maybe you haven't been dancing naked under the full moon enough Dee Gee.. ;D ;D

Dee Gee

Teresa

I've been peeking and watching you..................

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk