7.5 BILLION in AID to PAKISTAN????????

Started by kshillbillys, March 28, 2009, 09:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Have to disagree with you srkruzich, there is no "head of the snake" that is al queda. Radical islam has sprung up all over the globe, and islam itself is one of the fastest growing religions in the world.  This is a problem that we will have to deal with until God puts a stop to it, which He will.  This was written about long ago, it just seems new to us because instead of reading about it we are seeing it happen.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 04, 2009, 03:59:00 AM
Have to disagree with you srkruzich, there is no "head of the snake" that is al queda. Radical islam has sprung up all over the globe, and islam itself is one of the fastest growing religions in the world.  This is a problem that we will have to deal with until God puts a stop to it, which He will.  This was written about long ago, it just seems new to us because instead of reading about it we are seeing it happen.

Oh but what Iran decrees so goes the rest of islam.  Alqueda is just one of Irans tools. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

More like the other way around.  Iran bases its governing on the laws of islam.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 04, 2009, 06:49:10 AM
More like the other way around.  Iran bases its governing on the laws of islam.
Ahh but which version of islam.  There are mulitple versions.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

From what I've seen I would say that it would be the crazy-blow-up-people-to-get-our-point-across types. not to mention the "chop their heads off if they're not muslim" type. 

kshillbillys

Everyone is making good points, especially you Varmint....I guess my whole point in this matter is 7.5 billion dollars going to Obama's buddy country of Pakistan kinda pisses me off!! That's really what jumped out at me in the whole story which is why I even posted it at all!!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

I know what you're saying hillbilly.  What kills me about this whole thing is that we are repeating history.  We are doing exactly what started the taliban in the first place.  During the russian/afghan war in the 80's we sent money, arms, and trainers into afghanistan to train them against the russians.  How is that any different then what we are doing now?  Not only that, but uncle sambo says that we cannot provide just a blank check without a pakistani comminment against al queda, yet we're sending them 7.5 billion, might as well be a blank check.  Their willingness to fight so far is not what I would call encouraging.

pam

What goes around comes around and generally bites you in the ass.
Kinda like Saddam and nuclear weapons and super germs and a host of OTHER bad ideas power hungry people have had.
In the 80's the Taliban were poor downtrodden tribesmen who were fightin the dreaded red for their freedom. They had the same philosophy they have now and did the same barbaric things but people pooh-poohed it because they were "useful" to us. Saddam was the same arrogant deceitful ass when US help put him on top but the government didn't like the people in charge at the time and he was "useful" to us.
The first time they set off a nuclear explosion they knew they had opened Pandoras box and what it could potentially do shocked even the guy who invented the notion but it was "useful" to us at the time. Scientists foolin around with viruses and germs created some of the most horrific diseases known to man and one slip could decimate the planet but they might be "useful" to us sometime or other so it goes on.
   Now we run around the world tryin to keep that "power" out of the wrong hands and puttin it in the next set of "wrong" hands at the same time. We are our OWN worst enemy.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

You're right to a point.  The U.S. should stop trying to be a world police force.  However, I see nothing wrong with going after those who are a threat to our country or our freedom.

pam

Quote from: Varmit on April 05, 2009, 01:02:19 PM
You're right to a point.  The U.S. should stop trying to be a world police force.  However, I see nothing wrong with going after those who are a threat to our country or our freedom.

Neither do I. My point was who is considered a threat is dependant upon the agenda at the present. And THAT is a fact.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk