PATRIOTIC RETIREMENT

Started by flo, April 03, 2009, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Eloquently put, but if it stood true for all the People, then why did they follow Their leaders onto the reservations???  And correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't the People take away the freedom of others when they would take them as slaves and bind them in cages of their own???  Please don't talk to me about freedom as some abstract concept the indians had a monopoly on. There is no such thing as true 100% absolute freedom, man will always be subservent to Gods law. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

Ha I wasn't talkin about freedom as some abstract concept the natives had a monopoly on. That passage just demonstrates my feelings about freedom period. If you have it you don't set around worryin about somebody takin it away from you day and night.
They followed their leaders for the same reason anybody else does. They couldn't win, all they could do was die and let their children die and they didn't WANT to die or watch their children die. Damn....they were HUMAN.
  As for slaves, no people on earth has the distinction of saying they NEVER had slaves. Every race has that particular skeleton in the closet.
  As for freedom as concerns God that's a whole other conversation and one I don't have except with God.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

I'm not worrying about it day and night, I just see this adminstration trying to take it away more then ever before.  Maybe I just took that passage the wrong way, but as a white man I'm getting really tired of hearing that the worlds problems are my fault when we all share equally in the blame.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pam

There is enough responsibility for the way this world is to go around. Greed and excess and destructive behavior doesn't have a color...it just is. In my opinion people are too disconnected from EVERYthing......home, family, faith(whatever kind), the earth, the seasons...everything. So they grab onto things like "power" and "wealth" and "influence". Hell, more people than you think don't even know where their food comes from or what is involved in creating it. They spend their lives in climate controlled buildings with piped in filtered air, have never tasted home grown anything, their whole world is sterile and dead. THAT is what is wrong with this human race. But that's just MY opinion.

As for Obama and his deal..... I didn't vote for him....I also don't think he is any bigger a threat than a few other recent presidents or VICEpresidents that I can think of. They don't run for president to make the world a better place for EVERYbody...they run to make things better for whatever their pet projects are. obamas pet projects just irritate the hell out of a few more people AT the moment.

Things can always change tho...........
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Varmit

I don't know pam, I kinda like my climate controlled air....espcially in around august. :)

But I know what you're saying.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk