Smokers Tax

Started by Varmit, April 02, 2009, 09:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

>:( >:( As if I don't have enough in my life that ticks me off, now not only do I have to pay for MY kids health care, I have to pay for someone elses kids!!!  Our current  presidental administration came up with this little gem of an idea.  The extra tax on the heathen devil weed tobacco is goin to fund their SCHIp program.  I know about all the health affects of smoking (helping me keep my sanity for one)  so please no preaching about that.  But how do you suppose they will fund this program once no one can afford to smoke anymore.  I already switched from cigarettes to a pipe (you know how hard it is to load a pipe while driving???) which is a little cheaper, but not much.  I really can wait until they tax coffee, soda, twinkies....talk about armed revolution.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

ROTFLMBO, they really think the tax is going to go to the schip program?  Not likely, they'll use it to fund some stupid welfare program that gives welfare broodmares more of our tax dollars.  Not likely that Schip will ever see  a dime of it.

I paid for all of my kids, paid their medical, school, i even paid for the medical bills when they came into this world and i resent the fact that we have to pay for someone elses rugrat. Their offspring is not my responsibility.  IF we have to pay for them, why dont' we get the tax deduction for them? 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk