What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

I've read the Stand several times too lol, thought the movie was kinda lame.... Joe doesn't read very often but he set and read that of all books! I agree about Dolores Claiborne..I even liked the movie. I think if I had to pick a favorite it would be Needful Things tho.

Lol, I always skip over the romance part.

Finished the first Frankenstein last night, didn't realize it was number one of three till I got it home :P now I have to find the other two LOL I've started readin more since Joe's on the road.

I like murder mysteries and Tony Hillerman writes pretty good ones, they are set on the Navajo and Hopi reservations with tribal police.

Thinner is a good one too :)

jensarlou

As soon as I get done with "The Other Boleyn Girl", I am going to start "The Lost Symbol".  I hope it is like "The DaVinci Code".  I enjoyed both book and movie on that one.  I also read "Angels & Demons" it was good but haven't seen the movie yet.
Andrea

Buddyboy

How did I as a librarian not see this thread. Egads I will be expelled from the Union! Please don't tell anyone! Being the anal person I am, I read in a cycle. I am going through my Nicholas Sparks books. I have one more to read before the new one. I am hoping the Birthday Clown brings that one to me. Then I read a non-fiction book and then any book by any other author. Right now I am reading Eyewitness. It is a history of the field of photojournalism. It has some awesome pictures but also a good read.

Diane Amberg

I have all the books Tony Hillerman wrote. It's a shame there will be no more. I learned a lot from them.

sixdogsmom

Okay, you all convinced me; next month, (I have already spent my fun money for this month), I will get on Ebay and see what I can get by Tony Hillerman. Any reccomendations?
Edie

Diane Amberg

Sure, if you can, start with these, in order. The Blessing way,The Dance Hall of the Dead, Listening Woman, People of Darkness,The Dark Wind.Those will get you started.There are lots more. Eventually Joe Leaphorn and Jim Chee will become old friends.

pamsback

I liked Skinwalkers, the best I think but they are ALL good. Sacred Clowns, The Blessing Way, Hunting Badger are ones I liked a lot too.

Mom70x7

QuoteOkay, you all convinced me; next month, (I have already spent my fun money for this month), I will get on Ebay and see what I can get by Tony Hillerman.

You could also check them out at the library - see if you like him. I think you will - he's an excellent story teller, but if you want to "try before you buy" - libraries are great.
:D

Diane Amberg

After The Dark Wind comes The Ghost Way, then Skin Walker, A Thief of Time, Talking God, The Fly on the Wall, Coyote Waits, Sacred Clowns, Finding Moon,The Fallen Man,The First Eagle, Hunting Badger, Chee's Witch, The Wailing Wind, The Sinister Pig, Skeleton Man and The Shape Shifter.

sixdogsmom

Mom, I love going to the library, however I sleep, eat and thoroughly abuse a book when I am reading it. It gets laid on, slept on, and lost in the covers. Better that I do this to my own books!  ;D ;D And thanks everybody for the suggestions, I'm getting fired up! Davinci Code is nearly done and I am screaming "apple" right now. We'll see if I'm right or not here shortly.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk