What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clubine Ranch

Just finished readingThe Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. I really liked it. Not a lot of repetion and easy to remember who is who. Kind of a different spin on the life after. I'm at the point I need the larger print (easier to read in bed) and glad to see more books going that way. :)

larryJ

Just finished Michael Connellys "Brass Verdict."  Good book if you like mysteries and/or cops and robbers sort of thing.  Currently working on Robert Ludlum's "The Promethus Deception".  I have read all the books written by Robert Ludlum even those that are published with him as the author even though he is long gone.  I have also read all the books by Michael Connelly.  Both of these authors are great story tellers.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

pamsback

I bought a hand full of books at a yard sale awhile back...they are turnin out to be pretty good! Historical novels about Ireland and the fight for independance from english rule. Just finished Redemption by Leon Uris.

sixdogsmom

Well, I finished the Left Behind series all except for the last book, 'The Mark'. I may or may not buy it, I think this is as good a place as any to end this for me. I am waaaaay behind the times, since I started 'The DaVinci Code' the other night. It is fast paced and interesting. I understand that Dan Brown has just released another book with the same character. Pam, Leon Uris was a favorite author of mine.
Edie

pamsback

I hadn't read any of his books till I found these...He IS a pretty good writer, doesn't use a whole bunch of busy work to make it longer!

sixdogsmom

Exodus was my favorite, I may revisit it.
Edie

jarhead

Just starting to read (for the 2nd time ) "Matterhorn : A novel of the Vietnam War " by Karl Marlantes.  To me it is the best book I've ever read about what it was like to be a Marine grunt in Nam. I might be a tad pedjudice though because Lt Marlantes was one of our  rifle platoon commanders in the same company I served with. :) Lt Marlantes won the Navy cross, Bronze star, two Navy commendations w/V and two Purple Hearts. Although it is a fiction /novel/ historical novel I know alot of the people he writes about even though the names have been changed, including "Scar", my beloved Plt. comm.. This 700 page novel was published by El Leon a few months back but it has since been picked up by Groves Atlantic and will come out again in Jan 2010 and I've heard under a new title. if anyone is interested I will e-mail Lt Marlantes and find out what the title of the book will be when it comes back out.

jensarlou

I have just recenty started reading "The Other Boleyn Girl".  I saw the movie and they always say the book is better so why not?  I am enjoying the historical fiction aspect of it.  Now all I have to do it some research to find out exactly what is fictional and what is truely historical.  I do like being able to look up places and people named in the book on Google earth and Wikipedia.  The author Philippa Gregory has quite a few of this style of books all related to the British Monarchy.  I may have read some more after I get done with this one.  If any of ya'll have read any of her books before I would love to hear from you about your opinion.
Andrea

Clubine Ranch

Just this past week watched "The Other Boleyn Girl" on the movie channel. Think I will see if the library has a copy of this. I found this truly a "Don't get up and leave the room or you will miss something movie".

Rudy Taylor

I'm muddling my way through Fred Kaplan's biography of Abraham Lincoln. Actually, it has been quite informative, especially about Lincoln's private life. Makes me realize again that nothing on earth is new.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk