What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

If you want action/adventure with a bit of a message, read William W. Johnstone "Out of the Ashes" series.  His "Eagles" series makes for a pretty good western.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

pamsback

I really like Tony Hillerman Diane, think I have read em all :) I just read The Wind is MY Mother, it's about the life of a Creek medicine man named Bear Heart and am readin Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, I liked the movie so decided to read the book when I found it at a garage sale lol.

sixdogsmom

Oh Pam, I have read Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil, it is a good read, based on fact.
Edie

Wilma

I enjoyed the book, hated the movie.

Diane Amberg

I read the book too, and saw the move. I like Kevin Spacey, but the book was better.

sixdogsmom

Yes, I thought the movie was a little silly!
Edie

pamsback

It made me laugh so that's good lol

Varmit

An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck

Really interesting and not in a Right wing sort of way.  Just common sense applied to problems.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

flintauqua

I'm in the middle of two:

Rural Communities - Legacy + Change (3rd Ed)
by Cornelia B. and Jan L. Flora

Saving America's Countryside - A Guide to Rural Conservation (2nd Ed)
by Samuel N. Stokes, etal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk