What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Jennifer, I knew you and I were alike. LOL My enitre family, Mother and sisters, love Janet Evanovich and Stephanie Plum. I wish I was more like Stephanie. I love almost all of James Patterson books, too.

Judy Harder

Since you wish you were more like Stephanie, Janet. which one of the guys would you choose...
I sure wish they could/would make a movie from one or more of her novels.
We would laugh, cry, swoon and drop our teeth watching it. Not sure who could pull off stephanie, would be fun to see.
I can't decide who I want to play the guys, but from my generation I would
choose a young Tom Salleck, and or a George Clooney, for either of them,..........I am not up to date on the
young hunks.........sad, isn't it? But, I inhale Evanovich novels and keep looking for more to read.
Found a talking book from her tenth Stephanie novel and will listen to it this week. (yes, I have read it).
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

flintauqua

I am reading Rural Communities - Legacy + Change 3rd edition, by Cornelia Butler Flora and Jan Flora, both of whom are sociology professors at Iowa State University.  It is based on their premise that there are seven types of community capital:  natural, cultural, human, social, political, financial, and built.  And that understanding how these different capitals interact with each other in a given community is essential to optimizing each for the improvement of the community.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

W. Gray

Just finished, "The Politician, An Insider Account of John Edwards' Pursuit of the Presidency and the Scandal that Brought Him Down" by Andrew Young.

Edwards helped bring himself down because he thought he would never be caught. And when he was, he unsuccessfully demanded his closest aid take the blame.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Wilma

They have made a movie of the first Stephanie Plum.  I can't remember who is playing what, except Sherri Shepherd of "The View" is Stephanie's sidekick and I believe that Debbie Reynolds is the grandma.  There is a new one out, "Explosive Eighteen".  I haven't ordered it yet.

kshillbillys

Stephanie will be played by Katherine Heigl. Morelli by Jason O'Mara. Ranger will be Daniel Sunjata. After looking at the pictures of the two leading men, Sunjata is how I pictured Ranger but I would still pick Morelli...woo woo!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

larryJ

Just finished John Sanford's "Bad Blood."

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Judy Harder

wilma or Jennifer.........where can I find a movie of Evanovich?
I don't watch a lot of movies, either play on 'puter or read or listen to sports
I would buy/rent or even borrow one of her movies.
If she were younger, I could see Betty White as Grandma.....but Debbie Reynolds is a great choice.

Bet, my imagination is better than the movie........most of the times I am disappointed when they put a novel in
movie form.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

The movie hasn't been released yet as far as I know.

larryJ

Read another John Sanford....."Rough Country."  I think I liked the other one better, but this one was okay.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk