What Are You Reading?

Started by sixdogsmom, March 27, 2009, 01:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jensarlou

I have the small Kindle for now, but would love to upgrade to the large one.  That will be a while before that happens though, it is a bit pricey.  I love it for all the neat features it has.

Joanna

I've been looking at the Kindle, and think that's what I want (after I save my pennies :) ).

Now I'm reading James Rollins, The Last Oracle... seems like I may have read it before, but then again I may have just read a teaser at the end of another book... or maybe the one before this in a series. 

Oh well, I guess as long as I don't remember the ending it doesn't matter... kind of like hiding your own Easter eggs or wrapping your own Christmas presents.  I'm not old you know, just have so much information in my brain it takes a while to find the right file.
;D ;D ;D

Roma Jean Turner

I just finished The Emperial Cruise by James Bradley.  I realized how little I really knew about Teddy Roosevelt's ideology and time in office.

Maybe someone has already covered getting the Kindle for PC software, as I haven't read everything on this thread.  But you can go to Amazon.com, click on Kindle and find the download for the free Kindle software for PC.  I have it on my little Net Book computer and just love it.  It is so easy to use and I love being able to get samples of the books and then decide if I want to buy them.  I do all of my reading on the netbook now.  I don't know now if I actually want a Kindle as I like being able to read without having to hold anything up.  It's great at lunch....I just have the computer setting across from my food so I can eat and read easily at the same time.

Joanna

Wow, Roma Jean! That's a great alternative, I'll check it out this evening. Thanks!

Roma Jean Turner

jensarlou

Yea the best part of that is the download for pc, iphone, and  mac is that tihey are free.  I would have seriously considered that if I had not already bought the Kindle itself.  Although it is a good addition to have even if you already have a kindle.

Joanna

I just read a book on my computer!
Thanks Roma Jean for suggesting the Kindle for PC.  There's a lot of free books and I'll read a couple more before I find some I want to buy.  I can see where I'd like to have a Kindle too ~ much easier to carry around ~ but that can wait now...

Wilma

Since Christmas I have read Margaret Coel's "The Girl With the Braided Hair", Shirley Rousseau Murphy's "Cat Striking Back", Sue Grafton's ""U" is for Undertow" and ""S" is for Silence", a Sara Paretsky mystery, and a Victoria Holt victorian romance/mystery.  I discarded a James Patterson mystery and am now reading Carole Nelson Douglas' "Cat in a Midnight Choir", a Midnight Louie mystery.  I have a whole lot of Midnight Louie mysteries.

Like Teresa, I like the feel of the book in my hands, especially while in my recliner with the TV on in front of me, preferably with a basketball game.  I have to rest my eyes every so often and having a TV show to watch for a minute is the perfect solution.

Roma Jean Turner

Wow, what a list of books Wilma.  I haven't read a Victoria Holt book in years, I forgot about her.  I always liked her books, so will remember to check her out.  I figure I will still check out the fiction books from the library, but will buy things that I want to refer to later.  Glad you are excited about the Kindle PC Joanna.

Clubine Ranch

Weather is getting cooler, maybe a good time to bring back this thread.
I just finished "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult and really did enjoy it.
"The Walk" by Richard Paul Evans was a very quick read, that I also enjoyed.
Now I am starting "African Nights" by Kuki Gallmann. Hope it is a good one.

Going to the Moline Library, you can find lots of things to do. Kristi is so good with having things for the kids and now she is having Coffee and whatever goodies you bring to munch on (you don't have to eat) every Tues. morning from 10-11am. Good to catch up on/and with friends and neighbors. Then on Weds. at 2:00pm the computers are shut down for an hour and we do our version of dance-er-cise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk