Winter Storm Play-by-Play

Started by Tobina+1, March 27, 2009, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Yup! The repubs can't find anything real so they make up stuff!  ;D ;D
Edie

Judy Harder

Thanks Sarge,
that is what was in my gauge, but with all the water that I heard come down and see standing wonder just
how much did N0T get measured.

Are there any roads out? Thanks again.
Be warm and dry people............next week we should get back to spring!!!
God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Lookatmeknow!!

Well, we live out west of town and no electricity.  It went out at about 9 this morning.  But I came to the daycare!!  But the tree were sure down around town.  Didn't really notice that many at home down, and rental house had an electrical line down.  Called my sister who lives in Eldorado and she said they have been without electricity since around midnight.  But the sleet is still coming down here. :'(
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Joanna

The ECCEF Table Setting Event has been postponed because of the weather.    It will be held tomorrow with viewing beginning at 1:00 and the meal at 2:00.   I posted this under announcements also, but we need to get the word out as wide as possible.

Marty

Wilma

My rain guage, west side of Howard, had 2 1/2 inches this morning.  When I looked out about midnight last night, the trees were loaded with ice and the ditch was rolling with water.  Still have some ice on the trees but it is falling.

sixdogsmom

The ice really descimated the trees on the east side of my house. I even have a couple of limbs resting against the east window in the front parlor. I do hope the little Japanese Maple recovers; it looks like at got pretty smashed by a big limb that fell into it.  :'( Maybe I can trim it up and it will survive. The big willow over the patio really took a beating, losing many large limbs, some of which have not yet fallen. Looks like this is gonna be a pretty good clean-up job, fortunately the trees on the west side did not sustain much damage, I suspect that the wind was able to clear some of the ice away before it became too heavy. I took the dogs out front about midnight last night; it sounded like a batallion of sharp shooters were at work. Sharp cracks one after another as limbs boke all over town. Springtime in Kansas, be prepared for anything!
Edie

Clubine Ranch

We are without power also, but got the generator going for awhile to take the chill off the house and let the refrigerators and freezer chill out. Sure do miss that electricity when you don't have it. Hopefully all the linemen will be safe working in this weather to restore the power. Be safe everyone.

Catwoman

We've got about 5 inches of snow/ice on the ground.  Never did lose power.  There's been a lot of melting today, so hopefully all of this good moisture is getting down to the roots where it's so badly needed.  I know our wheat crop is in bad need of this moisture...despite how it was delivered.

Clubine Ranch

Thank God and all the electrical repairmen and woman we have electric once again! This morning when the sun came up it was such an awesome sight with the ice in the trees, wires, fences and grass just like diamonds. So beautiful. Dale commented last night just before sunset the sun broke through the clouds and that too was so beautiful. It is such a perfect day with no wind and the brillant sun. Enjoying the wonders of nature again........ :)

Catwoman

The electricity is back on for my neighbors who did without yesterday.  You never realize how completely you are dependent upon that luxury until it's gone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk