Winter Storm Play-by-Play

Started by Tobina+1, March 27, 2009, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

The temperature is dropping here in Springfield, pretty quickly and the wind is coming up.  Guess whatever you all get in Kansas will be headed this way.  The forecast makes it sound really ominous though.  My heart just aches for those folks in ND.  Can't imagine being fighting a flood in subzero degree weather.

Lookatmeknow!!

You know Charlie that's ok, I have a really good excuse, his name is JEFF!!! :laugh: :-X
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

S-S

The whole north side of our house is covered with ice. Can't even get the back door open. I went out earlier to feed the chickens and turn their light on and they didn't even poke their heads out of the coop. The ice is hanging onto the trees across the road. I pray we don't lose power.

Rudy Taylor

Age has a way of switching table-setting locations. Don't you know that?

LOL
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Flintauqua

I was just concerned about preschoolers trying to find something that was concealed.  Also worried about the 4-H'ers trying to find those "concealed" regional 4-H days.  Hard enough to find something in the ice and snow, but then someone has to go and conceal it to??
:o ;D ;)

greatguns

Tobina have you heard from your parents?  I do hope they have a safe trip.

Tobina+1

Greatguns; thanks for asking!  Yes, my parents didn't hit any snow until just South of Salina (and they did go I-70 instead of 36)... and then it was a blizzard!  Not heavy snow yet, but by the looks of the radar, the closer they get to Newton the worse it will get.  They'll jump off interstate and head East to El Dorado, back into the rain/ice it looks like.  But it sounds like the roads aren't too bad so far.

I don't know how the roads are around EK county or 400?  Looks like the puddles are still puddles (vs. ice rinks), so maybe the ground temp is still warm enough to keep it from freezing.

It looks like if you have to leave Howard tomorrow to head to Colorado, you better get North, first, before heading West!

W. Gray

Not to worry.

I am going cross country.

I have equipped the van with skis.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Lookatmeknow!!

I am with you on that one Devyn!!  I haven't tried to get the back door opened here yet but there is icy caked on the windows!  I think I will sleep ok, because we have, oh no, we have that new electric heater!!  Oh well, we still have propane!!  GREAT!!  You made me worry about that now!! :'(  

Tobina, hope that your parents have a safe trip,too.  You will have to keep us posted.

And Charlie, thanks!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Tobina+1

News just said that Santanta has 12" of snow already.  Hwy 50 is closed West of Hutch, and Hwy 54 is closed West of Pratt.
Wichita didn't look bad (they always make it sound worse than it is), and I'm sure they'll get stuff cleaned up overnight.  Just curious to how much snow we'll really end up getting.

Backed off again, 6-9" expected in Wichita (at noon it was 9-12").

Mr. Gray; although I-70 was clear, it looks like the storm is circling back to the NW, so not sure how the northern route will be, either!  Once you get past Hays, it should be better, though.  And looks like after 8 am tomorrow, things clear out a LOT (to the West and North, anyway... around noon here).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk