Winter Storm Play-by-Play

Started by Tobina+1, March 27, 2009, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Well, it has started to do some freezing rain out West of Howard.  When I went to town about an hour ago, it was lightly sprinking here and nothing in town.  But now it's a pretty good shower now, and it's freezing on my windows and deck.  I think the roads are warm enough to keep it from being too bad... for now...

My parents up in NW Kansas didn't hardly get a skiff of snow.  They're going to brave the weather and the roads and head down here today, so I hope the storm holds out until they get here! 

Tobina+1

W. Gray

We will be leaving Howard at 6:00 am tomorrow heading for nw Kansas and eastern Colorado..... Maybe.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

We're 65 right now....ph-t-t-t-t! ;D

Judy Harder

Sky is lighter in Longton, but still gray and rainy but mostly wind and chill index is
keeping me in the house..........nothing I need to get out for.............the dog I can handle
when he needs to go out........he doesn't linger......LOL>....he likes the indoors too.

My daughter left yesterday and made it home last night, so missed this storm.......but, since she
lives in Wisconsin, most likely she will have her own to deal with........AH Spring..............how much do
I enjoy it.......LOL............

Keep warm and remember tomorrow it is suppose to be warmer............God bless
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Lookatmeknow!!

It is freezing on my porch and they have already concealed afternoon preschool.  Also no regional 4-H days tomorrow either. 
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Rudy Taylor

Sure hope the weather isn't too bad for Saturday night's table setting in Howard.

It's always such a nice event.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Lookatmeknow!!

I hope not either.  But Rudy, the table setting is in Longton. I am sure that you knew that!  Just reminding you!!! :angel:
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Teresa

Got tickets to Alan Jackson in Wichita tomorrow night at the New Hartman Place...

sighhhhhhhhhh   maybe I need to start doing some voodoo to change the course of Mother Nature..
( if only.........) ::)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Flintauqua

Quote from: angtown3 on March 27, 2009, 12:04:02 PM
It is freezing on my porch and they have already concealed afternoon preschool.  Also no regional 4-H days tomorrow either. 

Angie, have they been able to locate the preschool, has it been un-concealed.  Or maybe it was cancelled!!! :P

I wasn't going to do it, but then she went and corrected Rudy :angel:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk