Kansans to vote on right to own guns

Started by frawin, March 26, 2009, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I am very thankful for the folks I can count on. As for going to church, you're right, I don't need an invitation, but thats just my point...none was ever extended, which kinda makes me wonder about the church itself.  I remember living in charleston, which is a huge town, and at least once a week a group from this church or that would stop by, nothing pushy (for the most part) but just a simple invite.  

Catwoman, you're right.  But quite frankly, when breaking into the ranks was attempted, in grenola anyway, well lets just say that the frost bite has finally healed ;).  I have found that it came mostly from the older folks.   
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Wilma

Varmit, as I was reading your reply to my post, I was forming my own reply; then I read Pam's.  She said it all for me.  My husband and I passed our beliefs to our children and their friends from the time they could understand.  We lived in Severy until the children were grown and gone.  Then after 26 years in Sedgwick County, I chose to come back to Elk County.  I wasn't met with dozens of invitations to attend everything in the community either.  But then, too, my husband and I had been attending many of the community functions.  Guess I wasn't considered a newcomer.  I stay home by choice.  I am not a social person (you have to be nice to people when you associate with them) and getting myself and my wheelchair to and from is more trouble than it is worth.  Enough about me. 

This thread is about guns.  Let's get back to that.

Varmit

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on April 05, 2009, 04:17:37 PM
I am very thankful for the folks I can count on. As for going to church, you're right, I don't need an invitation, but thats just my point...none was ever extended, which kinda makes me wonder about the church itself.  I remember living in charleston, which is a huge town, and at least once a week a group from this church or that would stop by, nothing pushy (for the most part) but just a simple invite.  

I think its a cultural thing.  I know back in georgia you have the weekly visitation that folks go out on.  I also think its more of a baptist thing too.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

I 'll take your advice kate31701.  Goodbye.

Varmit

Getting back to the gun issue...does anyone know of a good gun smith? 

pam

Quote from: kate31701 on April 05, 2009, 02:42:04 PM
Quote from: greatguns on April 05, 2009, 01:58:48 PM
Sometimes it is better to keep your eyes and mind open and your mouth shut.

And sometimes it is better to follow your own advice.
Quote from: greatguns on April 05, 2009, 09:33:22 PM
I 'll take your advice kate31701.  Goodbye.

Whats up greatguns?
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

Catwoman

Pam, I think the comment that the K31701 made was a bit abrasive for GG...And GG's response showed remarkable restraint.  You go, GG!!!!!! 

pam

Well that's why I was askin...I like GG. Think maybe K needs to get a grip.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

kshillbillys

I think maybe EVERYONE should get a grip on this forum...Geez sometimes it's like listening to a bunch of 6 year olds! It sounded to me like Kate was coming to the defense of another forum member and then everybody gets hateful about it. Who CARES if people don't agree with each other? That's what's supposed to make this forum FUN....deal with it!

By the way, Thank you Frank for remembering me in your post earlier and Teresa's right, birds of a feather DO flock together!
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk