BRINK, Jack Carlton - b. August 1, 1919 - d. March 24, 2009

Started by hhjacobs, March 24, 2009, 06:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hhjacobs

Jack Carlton Brink, 89, of rural Howard, passed away this morning at his home. He was the father of Marjean Jacobs of Howard , Nadine Ervin of Chanute, and Darlene Riggs of Severy. Services are pending.

flo

God has taken home one of the most gentle souls I have had the pleasure of knowing.  Jack and Betty were truly wonderful people, as are their daughters.  I have lost another true friend.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

indygal

Please accept our heartfelt condolences, Marjean and Henry. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Lynne and Terrell

Jo McDonald

This makes me sad.  What a wonderful man and lady Jack and Betty were.  I always enjoyed being in their company.
  Sincere sympathy to their family.
Jo land Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

Jack C. Brink, age 89, a lifetime farmer and rancher, passed away Tuesday, March 24, 2009 at his farm near Howard, Kansas.  He was born on August 1, 1919 in Wichita, Kansas, the son of Gaylord Ralph and Nellie Mae (Eaton) Brink.

Jack attended Francher Valley Grade School near Fall River, Kansas and was a graduate of Fall River High School with the class of 1937.  On March 14, 1938, Jack was united in marriage to Betty Marie Dudgeon in Yates Center, Kansas, and she preceded him in death on September 20, 2004.  Jack attended the Severy Church of the Nazarene.  He was a Fiat School board member.

He is survived by three daughters, Marjean Jacobs and her husband Henry of Howard, Kansas, Nadene Ervin and her husband Randy of Chanute, Kansas, and Darlene Riggs and her husband Leon of Severy, Kansas; three sisters, Virginia Powell of Portland, Oregon, Genevieve Ebberts of Grand Junction, Colorado, and Novella Hale of Wichita, Kansas; five grandchildren, Jena Jacobs-Garcia and her husband Carlos of Burlington, Kansas, Jodi Sutton and her husband Charles of Wichita, Kansas, Nancy Barker and her husband Allen of Severy, Kansas, John Riggs and his wife Erin of Severy, Kansas, and Kristi Pugh and her husband Robert of Andover, Kansas; and ten great-grandchildren.  Jack was preceded in death by his wife; his parents; one brother, Earl Brink; and five sisters, Ila Jean Brink, Geraldine Smith, Betty Wooters, Atha Perry, and Nadene Marchant.

Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Monday, March 30, 2009 at the Severy United Methodist Church with Pastors Dave Warren and Jerry Green officiating.  Visitation will be held Sunday from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. at Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.  Interment will be at Cresco Cemetery.  The family suggests memorial contributions to Fredonia Regional Hospital, and they may be left with the funeral home  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from the Countryside Funeral Home website)

Lookatmeknow!!

I will miss seeing him at his great grandchildren's school events!  He was such a wonderful man!  He will be missed!  Prayers go out to his family!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk