We The People Stimulus Package

Started by Teresa, March 24, 2009, 10:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roma Jean Turner

I've always said I will try to solve anything in the most diplomatic, spiritual way possible, but if that doesn't work......... then I'm for kickin' ass!!

Varmit

The problem lies in where to start.. whose posterior is first on the chopping block (note the French Revolution refferal) Its not like we can stand in open armed rebelion against the military, national guard, or so called law enforcement.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Varmit, to answer your earlier question, there are people who are malajusted and sociopathic, who are drawn to any large group of people and are happy to join in or move things to another level. Rolling cars, breaking glass, starting fires, looting stores etc. That has nothing to do with the original protest. They could care less about the actual issue, they just want an excuse to throw civility out and misbehave. Some are pitiful, insecure people who crave attention and will seek out the media. Some are just plain mean. That is how some well intentioned peaceful demonstrations get ugly. 

Varmit

Ooooohhhh! Ok, well I can certainly agree with that.  The protests over the G20 would be a good example.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

Good point there Varmit about the G20 protesters. 
But I'm thinking we ought to stay away from these
one-world deals and that's what the G20 meeting is all about.

Varmit

I agree with staying away from one world deals, even in this "global" economy.  Frankly, it scares the hell out of me. But like I said before I believe we are seeing the ground work being laid for something far more dangerous than our current administration.

redcliffsw

Teresa

This is from an article in the St. Petersburg Times Newspaper on Sunday.
The Business Section asked readers for ideas on "How Would You Fix
the Economy?"

I think this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America's
economy.  Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies
that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the
following plan.
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force.  -
Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.  Forty million job openings -
Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new American CAR.  Forty million cars ordered -
Auto Industry fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in
Congress and their constituents pay their taxes...

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

redcliffsw

Here's another good one from Devvy Kidd with a critque of the subject video
"We the People Stimulus Package" aka the Thomas Paine video............

http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd440.htm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk