We The People Stimulus Package

Started by Teresa, March 24, 2009, 10:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

redcliffsw

Good one for sure. 

But the electoral college is one of the great foundations of
this country just like the 2nd amendment.  We'll lose more individual freedom
and rights if we choose to eliminate the electoral college to directly vote for the President.

Varmit

OUTSTANDING!!! That is the type of person we need in office.  I agree with every point he made.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Ok, once we have rioting in the streets and burn down Washington, then what?

redcliffsw

Who is going to riot in the streets and burn down Washington?  And why?

Diane Amberg

The first half of "Thomas Payne's" address advocates marching in the streets and "doing something"....I'm afraid every nut case out there would use that as an excuse to misbehave violently.

Varmit

Nutcases are nutcases, they can find an excuse in just about anything.  But where did you get the idea that burning down washington is what he is adavocating?  All he is saying is that it is high time amerians took a stand against the abuse our government is conducting.  Individuals can write all the letters they want, it doesn't do any good.  The only thing government has ever responded to is force, be it peacefully applied or violently.  We the people must stand together to make our voices loud enough to be heard in washington.  God willing peace will prevail, but when all avenues of peaceful resolutions have been explored, when negotations stall, when compromise fails then there comes a point when violence is nessescary.  Thats the crux of freedom.  Its price is so very high, but it must be paid. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Teresa

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 26, 2009, 01:07:39 PM
The first half of "Thomas Payne's" address advocates marching in the streets and "doing something"....I'm afraid every nut case out there would use that as an excuse to misbehave violently.

Diane... interpreting that as burning down Washington is how ugly rumors start and things get out of control........... ;)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Diane Amberg

I was trying to draw a parallel between what people actually did during Thomas Payne's time, when violence wasn't just talk and people's dislike of government today. I failed miserably, sorry.

Varmit

Diane, kinda off topic but I'm curious as to how you would define "nutcase" and what you would classify as violent misbehavior?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk